Richard Sadlier

Yes he was mate and remember he didn’t start off very well. So we all need to remember that with Tyler Burey and get behind so his talent can truly emerge like Sads’ did.
Hope I’m wrong but Burey will never be another Sadlier because he doesn’t have the same mental capacity or strength that Sads had :shake:

Hope I’m wrong but Burey will never be another Sadlier because he doesn’t have the same mental capacity or strength that Sads had :shake:
Burey is a totally different kind of player than sadlier was Purley. Granted he will never have the strength of sads ( different build ) . He may bulk up with age but at present he is a speed merchant. Needs to develope his football brain and work rate but the makings of something very useful with the fans encouragement.
Sadlier much more of natural footballer and goalscorer, always got in the right place at the right time.

Absolutely loved Sads as a player. Watched him progress at wall from a very green rookie to a superb player of world class potential. Tragic story.

The improvement he made from when he first came to us (he was regularly getting stick including from me much to my shame) was quite simply incredible. Would he have got to another level sadly we and him will never know. But let’s remember some of the great moments he gave to us for which we thank him. I wish him every happiness after what he has been through.

Burey is a totally different kind of player than sadlier was Purley. Granted he will never have the strength of sads ( different build ) . He may bulk up with age but at present he is a speed merchant. Needs to develope his football brain and work rate but the makings of something very useful with the fans encouragement.
Sadlier much more of natural footballer and goalscorer, always got in the right place at the right time.
My main doubt about Burey is his mental capacity.

To make it in the Championship you need a combination of mental and physical capabilities.

Burey has pace, the ability to run at and beat an opponent and is not frightened to have a shot but is a liability without the ball, has absolutely no vision and isn’t a team player.

The hope of many is he will improve as he learns but you can bet your bottom dollar the coaching staff have spent ages talking and cajoling him and there’s no obvious sign of it sinking in 🤷‍♂️

I hope he comes good and becomes a regular starter and consistent performer but, at best, he’ll only ever be an impact substitute 😔

The improvement he made from when he first came to us (he was regularly getting stick including from me much to my shame) was quite simply incredible. Would he have got to another level sadly we and him will never know. But let’s remember some of the great moments he gave to us for which we thank him. I wish him every happiness after what he has been through.
Man United were waiting to come in with a big offer for him, just before his injuries started .................

I always thought he had that quality that Claridge and Morrison had of chasing down seemingly lost causes, he had great promise, him and Harris could have gone on to become a great a partnership, 24 when he retired

Was a brilliant player with loads of potential. Also remember being sat just behind him away at tranmere in the cup, he was right in the thick of it and was a good bloke to chat to as well