Reading away tickets.

but can't bring myself not to go as is only 20ish mins on a train,
I get that mate and it;s a day out with your pals. The bus ride to the ground and back is the worst part of the journey, i'd only go again if it was a playoff or promotion clincher. Reading, Watford,, Brentford Fulham bore the life out of me on a football level, like being in gods waiting room with a Charlton string sitting next you. Bit of a bastard really cause Fulham and Brentford are great to get to on a clipper down the thames for the price of an oyster fare, when the weathers good it's even better.

I get that mate and it;s a day out with your pals. The bus ride to the ground and back is the worst part of the journey, i'd only go again if it was a playoff or promotion clincher. Reading, Watford,, Brentford Fulham bore the life out of me on a football level, like being in gods waiting room with a Charlton string sitting next you. Bit of a bastard really cause Fulham and Brentford are great to get to on a clipper down the thames for the price of an oyster fare, when the weathers good it's even better.
Agree with you on the others as well, but for same reason still go, managed to get cabs last couple of times in Reading to and from ground in fact can't remember last time got the bus, it is a cunt of a bus ride though, but as you said they're all an easy day out with your mates.

Didn't it just - were you in that downstairs bar when it all kicked off? Place got trashed in less than a minute...
No mate, missed that one, heard all about it though.

I was there one year, mid 90’s. All our lot were plotted up in a boozer. I was with some of the Basingstoke lot, we decided to slip off back to Basingstoke for a booze (I got family there). Halfway up the road back to the station we look around and there’s loads of them behind us and across the other side of the road, all eyes on us.

There was only a few of us and it looked like it was about to come on top, just as we walked past an Italian restaurant, it had its door propped open with a big fire extinguisher. We dived in the restaurant and grabbed some steak knives out the cutlery and John G picked up the fire extinguisher and turned to face them. They soon changed their mind and dispersed after that. 😆

Fulham and Brentford are alright for a booze and it helps that they’re in London. Agree about reading and Watford though.

No mate, missed that one, heard all about it though.

I was there one year, mid 90’s. All our lot were plotted up in a boozer. I was with some of the Basingstoke lot, we decided to slip off back to Basingstoke for a booze (I got family there). Halfway up the road back to the station we look around and there’s loads of them behind us and across the other side of the road, all eyes on us.

There was only a few of us and it looked like it was about to come on top, just as we walked past an Italian restaurant, it had its door propped open with a big fire extinguisher. We dived in the restaurant and grabbed some steak knives out the cutlery and John G picked up the fire extinguisher and turned to face them. They soon changed their mind and dispersed after that. 😆
Ah yes.. I was with a small group when they appeared by the station, after a little toe to toe we had to back off as there were at least 30 of them and 6 of us and I was getting right handers from every direction... we got in to the station and made a couple of calls to get numbers up... after about 10 mins we got to about 20 (all very game) and went to look for them.. and was told they'd just had it with some more Wall, which was you lot, then they all sloped off.

We wandered around for a good half hour, in every pub, but no sign of them... so fcked off back to London..

Ah yes.. I was with a small group when they appeared by the station, after a little toe to toe we had to back off as there were at least 30 of them and 6 of us and I was getting right handers from every direction... we got in to the station and made a couple of calls to get numbers up... after about 10 mins we got to about 20 (all very game) and went to look for them.. and was told they'd just had it with some more Wall, which was you lot, then they all sloped off.

We wandered around for a good half hour, in every pub, but no sign of them... so fcked off back to London..
Yeah, would’ve been about 94ish?

Staff online