Quotes from the Charlton no life forum

About right...

bobmunrobobmunro
10:25AM
"I deliberately didn't post last night as I would probably have got a ban!
Now I've slept on it and feel more philosophical - although my first words when I woke up were still 'F*cking Millwall'.
We pretty much got what we deserved and, tactically, Bowyer had an off night - it happens.
I still take the view that our record against Millwall is nothing more than a statistical aberration, historical performances are meaningless to compare - shit happens.
Why didn't we end the 24 years of hurt? Because Millwall are a much stronger side physically, have some very useful Championship players, and our play maker, Cullen, had perhaps his most ineffective game for Charlton. I'm not convinced many of our players would get into that Millwall side, whereas I would have Smith (a nightmare to defend against - always has been), Romeo (very useful player), Mitchell (looked very tasty when he came on), Cooper (better than our two CB by a mile, although the tackle on Albie was naughty) and Jed Wallace who was the best player on the pitch for me.
Maybe we could have nicked a draw, but in no way did we deserve to win. Open your eyes, Bows! I also agree with MF - stone wall penalty in the first half.

Overall the game was a piss poor affair - no passion, an emotionless South London derby."

Hark at this;

Wheresmeticket?
July 3
golfaddick said:
And will people stop taking about Millwall getting into the play-offs. They are bang average & will lucky to be top 10. No doubt they will lose against the teams down with us.
If they get promoted, with their small fan base small ground and small revenue they will get absolutely hammered in the prem. As we would.

About right...

bobmunrobobmunro
10:25AM
"I deliberately didn't post last night as I would probably have got a ban!
Now I've slept on it and feel more philosophical - although my first words when I woke up were still 'F*cking Millwall'.
We pretty much got what we deserved and, tactically, Bowyer had an off night - it happens.
I still take the view that our record against Millwall is nothing more than a statistical aberration, historical performances are meaningless to compare - shit happens.
Why didn't we end the 24 years of hurt? Because Millwall are a much stronger side physically, have some very useful Championship players, and our play maker, Cullen, had perhaps his most ineffective game for Charlton. I'm not convinced many of our players would get into that Millwall side, whereas I would have Smith (a nightmare to defend against - always has been), Romeo (very useful player), Mitchell (looked very tasty when he came on), Cooper (better than our two CB by a mile, although the tackle on Albie was naughty) and Jed Wallace who was the best player on the pitch for me.
Maybe we could have nicked a draw, but in no way did we deserve to win. Open your eyes, Bows! I also agree with MF - stone wall penalty in the first half.

Overall the game was a piss poor affair - no passion, an emotionless South London derby."
a realistic charlton fan , we should have him stuffed and put in a museum if one existed

Comical reading this thread.

I used to go out with a Charlton bird, her family were all Charlton, but none of their mates. Can honestly say other than them and one bloke in our Sunday team, I've never met a Charlton fan. Pointless insignificant club. Struggle to think of them as rivals.

Think, 'the little ginger prick in midfield ' had his best game last night

Comical reading this thread.

I used to go out with a Charlton bird, her family were all Charlton, but none of their mates. Can honestly say other than them and one bloke in our Sunday team, I've never met a Charlton fan. Pointless insignificant club. Struggle to think of them as rivals.

Think, 'the little ginger prick in midfield ' had his best game last night
What a goal that would of been, his pass to Wallace was something we have perhaps been lacking this season. Great run as well from Wallace, pity the keeper made a good save.

I see some of them still seem angry about the time Shawn Newton shortly after kick off at the Valley viciously and recklessly headbutted Pat van den Hauwe's Elbow. He could easily have broken a bone in Pat's arm. The standing ovation Pat got from the travelling Millwall hoards (177 or 53 bus) for shaking off this assault was well deserved.

'JoshAddick' shot his load rather early yesterday morning.

View attachment 6985

Whilst one of my genuine favourites on there is that ‘oohaahmortimer’, as I think he’s actually funny... this ‘JoshAddick’ is also very good value on there, but in a different way.

Him and a poster called ‘Doucher’ are brilliant caricatures of what us Wall fans think of as your stereotypical Charlton fan. Brilliantly though, I think they genuinely are sad cases from somewhere like Sidcup with asteroid sized chips on their shoulders about Millwall.

Proper lower-middle class mummy boy whingers:

C7EADB5A-A989-4A91-8383-B84960D14960.jpeg

Whilst one of my genuine favourites on there is that ‘oohaahmortimer’, as I think he’s actually funny... this ‘JoshAddick’ is also very good value on there, but in a different way.

Him and a poster called ‘Doucher’ are brilliant caricatures of what us Wall fans think of as your stereotypical Charlton fan. Brilliantly though, I think they genuinely are sad cases from somewhere like Sidcup with asteroid sized chips on their shoulders about Millwall.

Proper lower-middle class mummy boy whingers:

View attachment 6996
Easy with the Sidcup jibes!!