Quotes from the Charlton no life forum

Seems they are finally realising they are not a massive club after all, Deluded fools.

• Please don’t imply being the Charlton manager is a big job, sadly those days are well and truly gone. We are lower mid league one and need somebody with the knowledge and fight to turn it around. And because of this season we need some luck in the transfer market to convince some good players to drop to our level. We are in a shit state and I don’t see much light at the end of our dark tunnel.

• shine166shine166

Maccn05
April 15
Maccn05
April 15

RodneyCharltonTrotta said:
show previous quotes

Saw a family with dad and son in qpr shirts before the game. Unique.

I pretended in my head we aren't shite and I was heading into a top half championship london derby clash. (QPR beat us 1- 0 after a disappointing defensive mix up late on.)
I've seen a bit of this on socials fans turning up us despite supporting other teams simply because it's cheap/free football.

It's so sad to me that we have to do this and that the club think it's a good idea - bums on seats at all cost.

#SmallWall

• ForeverAddicktedForeverAddickted
    April 17 edited April 17
    Powell2ThePeople said:
    Chelski’s success is built on money stolen from the common man in the former Soviet Union.

But never mind, CP are just down the road so we must HATE them and ALL who supports them.

Anyone here with a child/grandchild who supports them?

My guess is yes.

To all the haters, grow up and concentrate on the more important aspects of life.
    If my Son chose to support Palace or Millwall, you'd be free to collect him from whatever adoption agency I leave him at.

If anyone married a Palace fan on here, they must have done it as a dare or must have been desperate - If they didnt, and their child were to support Palace (even without any links in the family) - Well that person has failed as a parent.
  • 🤣🤣🤣

Oh dear. Over on Into the Valium, one of the posters there had this to say about ST renewals. It’s not looking good…..

“I was told yesterday that only around 900 season ticket holders have taken advantage of the early bird offer so far.

More a dead parrot than an early bird.

As I understand it, Sandgaard still thinks that he will fill the Valley with “new fans” next season, wowed by the “match day experience”.

This only highlights once again his tragic misunderstanding of both the demographics of London, and the tribal nature of English football.

In my area of London, Brentford are doing well, and I must admit that a few of my neighbours seem to have discovered a love for the Bees this season.

But these people are paying on average £30 to watch the likes of Christian Eriksen and Ivan Toney in the best league in Europe.

Absolutely nobody will be tempted to part with £30 next season to watch the likes of Sean Clare miss control the football in Division 3.

It’s almost tragic, but this owner just won’t listen it seems.”

:rofl:

Kings hill addick on Into the Valium, has finally come to terms with where Charlton Athletic should sit within the football pyramid:

“I agree but I don’t see us competing next season, either. 2023/24 could be a tough season to be in League One.

I fear that some of the clubs that are deemed to be too big to be in the third division are, actually, third division clubs now. Something that has been accepted by all but their own fans. We haven’t had more than three successive seasons at this level in modern times. If we fail to go up next season, which is my prediction, when we start our forth season at this level (and seventh in eight years) we will all have to accept that we are a third division club and people will, probably, stop talking about us as being one the challenge gets for promotion.

Still, we do have a Rockstar owner and our own Heavy Metal song, so that’s something.”

They really are the gift that keeps on giving!

The thing is, they actually still think they’re a big club. They’ve spent some time in the premier league and won the FA cup a hundred years ago, so to them, they’re above the third tier. You have a glance at No Life, they talk about L1 with utter contempt. Like they’re far too good, as a club and fan base, to be there.

the problem for them is, L1 is home to some actual GENUINELY big clubs. Clubs like Sunderland, Ipswich, Sheffield Wednesday, soon to be Derby and Portsmouth and Bolton (to a slightly lesser extent). Clubs who carry on drawing big crowds, regardless of what level they’re at. Who don’t have to artificially inflate their attendance figures like Charlton do.

To get out of L1 you have to be one of these genuinely big clubs, or an extremely well runner smaller club. At the moment they are neither. And with that clown they’ve got in charge I can’t see that changing any time soon.
I can’t see us playing them again for a very long time.

The thing is, they actually still think they’re a big club. They’ve spent some time in the premier league and won the FA cup a hundred years ago, so to them, they’re above the third tier. You have a glance at No Life, they talk about L1 with utter contempt. Like they’re far too good, as a club and fan base, to be there.

the problem for them is, L1 is home to some actual GENUINELY big clubs. Clubs like Sunderland, Ipswich, Sheffield Wednesday, soon to be Derby and Portsmouth and Bolton (to a slightly lesser extent). Clubs who carry on drawing big crowds, regardless of what level they’re at. Who don’t have to artificially inflate their attendance figures like Charlton do.

To get out of L1 you have to be one of these genuinely big clubs, or an extremely well runner smaller club. At the moment they are neither. And with that clown they’ve got in charge I can’t see that changing any time soon.
I can’t see us playing them again for a very long time.
Wippa,

You should cut and paste this, change certain words to “you,” and put it on CharltonNoLife!

Your first sentence should be: “Millwall fan here. I come in peace…”

That whole post will go down a storm over there!

You might also point out that Chesterfield and Stockport as Well as Wrexham get near to Charlton,'s attendances and they are in the National League.
Not only that, but there’s a very good chance that Wrexham will get promoted to league 2 at the end of this season, though I doubt they’ll be playing the spotters any time soon, as they will probably be relegated to league 2 at the end of next season, just as Wrexham gain promotion to league 1.

Life as a football supporter can be fucking cruel sometimes!

Not only that, but there’s a very good chance that Wrexham will get promoted to league 2 at the end of this season, though I doubt they’ll be playing the spotters any time soon, as they will probably be relegated to league 2 at the end of next season, just as Wrexham gain promotion to league 1.

Life as a football supporter can be fucking cruel sometimes!
Relegation to League 2 would be a bit of a disaster for Charlton. If they go down to League 2, that would put them 4 years away from qualification for the Champions League instead of 3 years as it is currently. As we all know, getting into the Champions League is the least that the supporters of big clubs like Bayern Munich, Real Madrid and Charlton expect for their clubs.