Quickest penalty awarded?

obeney

The Reverend and I took in Corinthians v. Faversham on Saturday. Faversham kick off the ball was played high into Corinthians box where the Faversham centre forward. challenged with the 'keeper. Or the ball. The 'keeper flattenedhim.Penalty awarded and converted. We reckoned 10" from kick off. Good game and Faversham 'keeper more than competent. Tea is good.

Eamon, it.ctosdrdyinf but we.haf to be careful ss The Reverend got barred from entry to the Directors Bar and I was expecting an Almighty Thunderbolt any minute
He can be spiteful for a Man of the Cloth

The Reverend and I took in Corinthians v. Faversham on Saturday. Faversham kick off the ball was played high into Corinthians box where the Faversham centre forward. challenged with the 'keeper. Or the ball. The 'keeper flattenedhim.Penalty awarded and converted. We reckoned 10" from kick off. Good game and Faversham 'keeper more than competent. Tea is good.
Was it at tolworth

Norwich, no. Corinthian Casuals play at Tolworth.

Billings the founder of Corinthians was a.great admirer of them and the Corinthian Spirit, hence the name.
Didn’t know if you left casuals bit off. Just that I played for casuals and put the roof on the clubhouse.

Norwich, no. Corinthian Casuals play at Tolworth.

Billings the founder of Corinthians was a.great admirer of them and the Corinthian Spirit, hence the name.

The Corinthian out of New Ash Green are know for their incessant whinging at the referee. I imagine the penalty went down really well. Mrs Billings is a lovely lady though

Are Corinthians still playing at Pennis Farm just off Fawkham Rd in the middle of nowhere?
I grew up in Longfield and we used the pitch as a kick around in the days, when it was a very agricultural surface.

Last edited:
Are Corinthians still playing at Pennis Farm just off Fawkham Rd in the middle of nowhere?
I grew up in Longfield and we used the pitch as a kick around in the days, when it was a very agricultural surface.

Yes and I fail to see how the ground meets ground grading requirements as all sides of the pitch should be enclosed

Took a few seconds longer but the highest profile first minute penalty must surely be for the Dutch in the final of the 1974 World Cup - awarded by Jack Taylor. Was also the first ever awarded in a WCF - closely followed by the second before half time.

Last edited:
Andover
Correct regarding the 'keeper and if they were awarded a penalty the captain took it and deliberately missed.

Eamonn, usually "civvies" but, am seriously considering putting one of The Mutt's" collars on him with a lead so I can drag him away. He gets me into a lot of confrontations. He's like a bleeding Pit Bull.

Andover
Correct regarding the 'keeper and if they were awarded a penalty the captain took it and deliberately missed.

Eamonn, usually "civvies" but, am seriously considering putting one of The Mutt's" collars on him with a lead so I can drag him away. He gets me into a lot of confrontations. He's like a bleeding Pit Bull.
Why??