Qatar 2022

Greed. I wonder if Rashford is going to boycott it?
Cheap shot TD, your better than that.
I’m lucky, I’ve never gone to bed hungry but my wife did when she was a little kid & she’s told me what it’s like. There are thousands of kids in this country who I’m sure are very grateful for his help. In the recent Rashford MBE post on this forum he actually got much more support on here than he would have done a few months ago

Our businessmen & politicians continue to deal, trade & and profit from Qatar (I’ll give you one example, Ascot Racecourse gets millions of pounds in sponsorship from Qatar) but on the other hand you expect sportsmen to boycott the country?
Anyone would think you are picking on Rashford because he’s black but obviously I know that can’t be true :hmmm:

Our businessmen & politicians continue to deal, trade & and profit from Qatar (I’ll give you one example, Ascot Racecourse gets millions of pounds in sponsorship from Qatar) but on the other hand you expect sportsmen to boycott the country?
Anyone would think you are picking on Rashford because he’s black but obviously I know that can’t be true :hmmm:
It’s the same in the Emirates. How many workers have died constructing appartements for the ex-pats and buildings for all the major western banks?
I spent a few months working out of Dubai for my company and got to witness first hand the horrendous conditions of the construction workers. The poor fuckers can’t even jack it in and return home as their passports are confiscated by the employers.

Not sure why you singled out Rashford TD? I’d ask are they all going to boycott it

p.s. I’m not suggesting you’re racist for a second as I know you’re not, just genuinely curious

Because he likes to portray himself as the deliverer of the poor and oppressed from the scourge of Tory capitalists. It will be interesting to know his views on the hundreds of black people that have lost their lives building venues in Qatar. I believe that all black lives matter. But for some BLM supporters, some black lives matter more than others.

"Anyone would think you are picking on Rashford because he’s black but obviously I know that can’t be true"

Exactly. Unlike you to resort to cheap shots.

Because he likes to portray himself as the deliverer of the poor and oppressed from the scourge of Tory capitalists. It will be interesting to know his views on the hundreds of black people that have lost their lives building venues in Qatar. I believe that all black lives matter. But for some BLM supporters, some black lives matter more than others.
Fair point

I just read that over 6500 people have died building the stadiums for the world cup.... If true, how was that allowed to continue after the first few deaths realising it was the harsh conditions which was the cause?!
£££££££££$$$$$$$$££££££'s

"Anyone would think you are picking on Rashford because he’s black but obviously I know that can’t be true"

Exactly. Unlike you to resort to cheap shots.
I reckon you’d had a few cheap shots of tequila before you posted (well it was half eleven at night)
Look TD, all I’m saying is it’s the same names that get slagged off on here every time, Rashford, Hamilton, Joshua etc, you can see the pattern here and as I said, your better than that.
Why didn’t you mention Beckham instead, Isn’t he some sort of Ambassador to the World Cup or something similar?
As for Rashford’s political motives, why do you assume he’s got a hidden agenda? He was just trying to help kids that were going to bed hungry, that doesn’t make him a communist. At least he managed to get a deal with this Tory government over the line which is more than can be said of the many other deals Boris had promised us by now

"I reckon you’d had a few cheap shots of tequila before you posted (well it was half eleven at night."

Wrong.

"Rashford, Hamilton, Joshua etc, you can see the pattern here and as I said, your better than that."

A pattern? In your mind, possibly. His name came to mind immediately when I thought about all the black migrant labourers who have lost their lives building venues for our millionaires to play in. Who is speaking out for them? Surely their lives are worth something?

The luvvies are silent about Qatar because of greed. It's their hypocrisy that irritates me.

So the England team, sports media and the football world in general have been pushing BLM and equality and diversity, and 99% fans have lapped it up like hungry dogs. yet the big spectacle of the World cup is being played in a country where the Human rights (at best) are questionable.

Personally it makes me sick...

"I reckon you’d had a few cheap shots of tequila before you posted (well it was half eleven at night."

Wrong.

"Rashford, Hamilton, Joshua etc, you can see the pattern here and as I said, your better than that."

A pattern? In your mind, possibly. His name came to mind immediately when I thought about all the black migrant labourers who have lost their lives building venues for our millionaires to play in. Who is speaking out for them? Surely their lives are worth something?

The luvvies are silent about Qatar because of greed. It's their hypocrisy that irritates me.
I do respect your opinion TD & everyone says your a nice bloke (which no one has ever said about me) When black people talk about things that matter to black people there is always a certain amount of apathy.
Your right of course about the hypocrisy, the Grand Prix season is coming to an end in the Middle East & the golfers (nearly all white) have just fought over £9 million in the desert somewhere with hardly a word mentioned. So I don’t understand why black sportsmen seem to get all the flak, that’s all

"So I don’t understand why black sportsmen seem to get all the flak, that’s all."

I'm sure some people have a racist motive for giving flak, but both Lineker and Geldorf have come in for some abuse on here for the same thing. To be fair to Rashford, he doesn't play the race card. I view it as purely a political issue.

What we, the supporters need right now, is for Paul Kaye to bring back his character, Dennis Pennis (or another character like him), and have him stand outside the England training ground, ready to ask those probing questions that we all want to hear, but we know no genuine reporter would ever ask!

I can visualise it now. The Gonk, leaving the training ground, heads over to his car, and is intercepted by Dennis Pennis on the way…..

Dennis: Gareth, do you feel you’re worth the contract extension you got, along with the £6M a year you’re getting from it, when you completely ballsed up the Euro final, and were out fought tactically by an old Italian manager?

And, if he could get a 2nd question in, before The Gonk gets to his car…..

Dennis: Gareth, do you think its right the England football team should be playing in the World Cup, in a country that doesn’t recognise the diversity that you and the players have supported for so long? I mean, throwing gays off buildings, to their deaths, for just being… well, gay! What about the poorly paid black construction workers who died building the stadiums your players will be playing in? Black Lives Matter, eh? Ha! Not to the rich in Qatar, that’s for certain! I mean, it’s not very sporting, is it?

The Gonk says nothing, gets in his car and as he drives away, Dennis keeps up with him, banging on his window, shouting:

Dennis: Gareth, any comment then? Gareth? Gareth?

I would pay good money to see something like that happen to that cunt of an England manager, and would enjoy watching him squirm in embarrassment on British TV!