Purchased land in Kent - new training facility

Shawmi

Right next to Brands Hatch, planning permission will take a year then start work on a proper facility, Kavanagh said we lost out on players in the past when they had a tour of Camolot Road!!

Hopefully spend the money to provide state of the art training, knowing us though will throw a couple of sheds on it, drill holes in buckets for showers and couple of dumb bells will be the new gym.

Good info!
If I remember rightly, that clown De Savory sold the Calmont Road training ground for one million pounds to one of the Oxford Universities and then rented it back off them for £100,000 a year (which doesn’t take a genius to point out is absolutely brainless) I’m guessing the lease is up and JB want to move on to pastures new.
I feel a bit sad about it really & cue rumours of moving The Den to Kent

It sounds a sensible move. The lease on Calmont Road only has a few years to run and it would raise a shed load if it was sold to a housing developer.

Good info!
If I remember rightly, that clown De Savory sold the Calmont Road training ground for one million pounds to one of the Oxford Universities and then rented it back off them for £100,000 a year (which doesn’t take a genius to point out is absolutely brainless) I’m guessing the lease is up and JB want to move on to pastures new.
I feel a bit sad about it really & cue rumours of moving The Den to Kent
I don’t think De Savory had any intention of keeping the club in the area. The little fuck.

No, no, no.

How's Besart Topalloj suppose to get out to the Snodland hinterlands?

The lad has no car or moped. That leaves him walking from Eynsford in all weathers.

Total madness.

:wagging:

No, no, no.

How's Besart Topalloj suppose to get out to the Snodland hinterlands?

The lad has no car or moped. That leaves him walking from Eynsford in all weathers.

Total madness.

:wagging:
He can take the cold weather. He has a good mop of hair and a hint of hair above his upper lip.

Millwall have purchased "a significant area of land" in Kent with a view to building new training facilities which would be "amongst the best in the country", the club has announced.
The Championship outfit have appointed architects and hope to submit a full planning application for the training centre in West Kingsdown within a year.
The Lions currently train at Calmont Road in Bromley but the club doesn’t own the facility and the lease is due to expire in the coming years.

Chief executive Steve Kavanagh said if the new training ground became a reality it would be "a huge step forward for the club on and off the pitch" but added that it was impossible to know at this stage how long it could take to complete.

"Greater synergy between our first team and academy set-ups is an imperative objective, as is the enhancing links between the football and business sides of the club," Kavanagh said in a statement.
"More generally the aim is to build and maintain training facilities which are amongst the best in the country. This will enable us to improve our own players to maximise their individual and collective potential and to become a more attractive proposition to new recruits across all departments.
"The obvious question is ‘how long will this all take?’. The truth is it is impossible to say at this stage, but we are conscious that the lease on the site at Calmont Road doesn’t have too many years left to run. I liken this to buying a house; once it all goes through you want to move in as soon as you can. This is no different and it’s never straightforward.
"What we cannot afford to do is be complacent about any of this and it is crucial to take one step at a time. Next up is the task of submitting a full planning application and then following the formal process necessary within that."
Kavanagh also updated supporters on plans to expand The Den, saying the club remained in talks with the local council about leasing land around the Bermondsey ground.
"We remain in discussions with Lewisham Council over securing a 250-year lease on the pockets of land around The Den, so that we can both future-proof the club at its current home and have license to develop the areas in question as part of the wider development of New Bermondsey," Kavanagh said."Obtaining that long lease is absolutely imperative for the club and not until it is secured formally, can we move to next stages including submitting any planning application."

I think this will be State of the Art - whatever that means -
A State of the Art training ground is one where in the canteen you not only can put a quid in the slot and 90 seconds later get two slices and of toast equally and perfectly browned on each side, but it takes credit cards and Apple watches, also...

Staff online