Proper club, proper fans…

This is what our fans are all about, best in the world.
I took my daughter down there once on her birthday, she was only about 6 or 7. (She’s 17 now). Popped in the 5 Bells before the game. Chatting to a couple of mates in there, dropped in conversation that it was her birthday, one of them bent down and said to her, “is it your birthday sweetheart? Here you go” and gave her a crisp fiver, the other one fished all the change out of his pocket and handed it to her. Her face was was a picture.
She’s smart though my girl. From then on, every time I stopped for a chat with someone, she’d pipe up “it’s my birthday today!!” She came away that day with just short of a hundred quid in fivers, tenners and various coins . 😆😂

Another time I was going up to the executive boxes with my youngest boy, he was only about 8 or 9. I was walking ahead of him chatting to a mate, noticed he weren’t with us, looked back, and at the top of the stairs he was holding the door open for some old boy who was coming up the stairs. The old boy was taking a while to get to him as he was a bit slow on his feet, as he passed through the door, he thanked my son and gave him a ten pound note, and said to him “good manners should be rewarded”

fucking salt of the earth our fans

I took my daughter down there once on her birthday, she was only about 6 or 7. (She’s 17 now). Popped in the 5 Bells before the game. Chatting to a couple of mates in there, dropped in conversation that it was her birthday, one of them bent down and said to her, “is it your birthday sweetheart? Here you go” and gave her a crisp fiver, the other one fished all the change out of his pocket and handed it to her. Her face was was a picture.
She’s smart though my girl. From then on, every time I stopped for a chat with someone, she’d pipe up “it’s my birthday today!!” She came away that day with just short of a hundred quid in fivers, tenners and various coins . 😆😂

Another time I was going up to the executive boxes with my youngest boy, he was only about 8 or 9. I was walking ahead of him chatting to a mate, noticed he weren’t with us, looked back, and at the top of the stairs he was holding the door open for some old boy who was coming up the stairs. The old boy was taking a while to get to him as he was a bit slow on his feet, as he passed through the door, he thanked my son and gave him a ten pound note, and said to him “good manners should be rewarded”

fucking salt of the earth our fans
Just brilliant.

We are unique people and follow an unique club. Not many outside of our circle understands us but many people quietly respect us because we're like no other. We tell it how it is, fight our corner, look after our own and bow to no fucker.

Over the years, the acts of kindness, comradery and help i've seen given to fellow Wall fans down on their luck has humbled me many times, as well as making me feel fucking mightily proud of who and what we are.

I have brought outsiders to games, , they were equally shocked and impressed by the passion we show, the tight unity that we have and the fuck em all attitude on display. Many of those outsiders caught the bug, felt at home, came back for more, and became ticket holders. It wasn't because of the football, it was because of us, down to earth decent and proud people.

We are unique people and follow an unique club. Not many outside of our circle understands us but many people quietly respect us because we're like no other. We tell it how it is, fight our corner, look after our own and bow to no fucker.

Over the years, the acts of kindness, comradery and help i've seen given to fellow Wall fans down on their luck has humbled me many times, as well as making me feel fucking mightily proud of who and what we are.

I have brought outsiders to games, , they were equally shocked and impressed by the passion we show, the tight unity that we have and the fuck em all attitude on display. Many of those outsiders caught the bug, felt at home, came back for more, and became ticket holders. It wasn't because of the football, it was because of us, down to earth decent and proud people.
Spot on

i was a bit of a waif and stray in my early teens. we were going to wycombe away and i was short of the train ticket, bloke behind "how much do you need". paid it straight up.

also being the idiot i was, i got a national express to bristol one year hoping to get the train back. for some reason, i couldn't and so being the idiot i was asked for a lift home with just a random in the away end. was only about 13, used to gon on my own all over the country. he drove me home. dropped me at picadilly! (thanks mate if you're out there).

that's how people get killed folks! but nah, he was great. he had his son with him too.

i was fucking wayward. a bit of a mess. been sober 21 odd years now though!