Promotion ?

I think if we can keep the core of the squad fit then we’ll be in with a shout. It seems that there is a good team spirit building between the players (again totally contrary to some of the nonsense being written a short time ago ie: ‘he’s lost the dressing room’) and in this league a bit of togetherness between the players and fans can take you a long way.

We saw last night that while some of Watfords players are undoubtedly talented when it came to rolling up their sleeves and grafting for each other they just couldn’t do it. They looked like what they are, a collection of technically good individuals thrown together amongst a bloated squad of players while our lads were fighting for every ball and for each other.

If we can keep within five or six points of the play off places until Easter then hit form with our important players fit then there’s no reason we can’t grab a play off spot and then from then on anything’s possible. It’s unlikely but we’ve got fuck all to lose going for it.

Felt with the players we brought in during the summer that we were in with a very good chance of being a solid top six side , after 15 games ,playing some of the best teams away this early was always going to be hard , we didn't get battered by any of them.
4pts off top with a game in hand on them , more than happy with how it's going, 3 wins or loses in a row and you can go up top or drop near relegation ,long way to go but this season we have a very good chance of going up, any talk of promotion should be left till we have 10 games left ,till then just keep picking up pts. C.O.YL.

To go up automatically you need a good home record, ours is the second best in the division, i think, away from home you need to at least draw most of them. Get the away form right and keep our danger men injury free then we have a good chance.

Crazy how football and forums in particular work. Only a few week ago some bods were fearing a relegation scrap, wanted the manager out and mused over the loss of Botox boy and were rating players as league one at best. It's a funny old game ain't it!

To go up automatically you need a good home record, ours is the second best in the division, i think, away from home you need to at least draw most of them. Get the away form right and keep our danger men injury free then we have a good chance.

Crazy how football and forums in particular work. Only a few week ago some bods were fearing a relegation scrap, wanted the manager out and mused over the loss of Botox boy and were rating players as league one at best. It's a funny old game ain't it!
amen brother.

Rowett seems to have settled with a team selection and formation with the right options on the bench. In fairness, we had some decent teams to face whilst trying to figure this out, plus injuries to a key player in Hutch and even Bennet.

Edit. I have to say Hutch, he has his limitations but is without doubt a rock at the back. Wears his heart on his sleeve and is a leader. Best since Nethers in my humble opinion.

Last edited:
I see it going one of two ways.........

We carry on with a decent run of form in the New Year.

Or, we crash and burn after the World Cup break.

......... imagine us at the Vermin - never would an Olympic stadium witnessed such a turn out since Hitler got together with his mates back in 1936!

:grinning:

Botox boy 🤣