Preston v Millwall match thread

A fair comment from their forum:
Millwall took their chances we did not, they played the ball on the floor when they wanted and looked far more dangerous than we did, they also used the long ball effectively when required.
We had three really good chances in the second half with the score at 2-2 and took none.
Millwall went up the other end and took the lead and then made it 4-2.
We made substitutions which made no effect, we again passed sideways and backwards and punted hope less long balls forwards, at 4-2 down at down we played without urgency.

Another PNE comment. And not only for the comment!!
Well played Millwall. They were a much more entertaining side than the last time I saw them.
They thoroughly deserved the win and entertained with some good attacking football.
North End were a clear second best side today.
Paolo Poggi.jpg

A fair comment from their forum:
Millwall took their chances we did not, they played the ball on the floor when they wanted and looked far more dangerous than we did, they also used the long ball effectively when required.
We had three really good chances in the second half with the score at 2-2 and took none.
Millwall went up the other end and took the lead and then made it 4-2.
We made substitutions which made no effect, we again passed sideways and backwards and punted hope less long balls forwards, at 4-2 down at down we played without urgency.
Here’s another
“ I thought their holidays started next week.The difference today was Millwall played as a TEAM,we played like strangers.” 👍

Here’s another
“ I thought their holidays started next week.The difference today was Millwall played as a TEAM,we played like strangers.” 👍
Got them squabbling 😂😂

paolo poggi said:
Well played Millwall. They were a much more entertaining side than the last time I saw them.
They thoroughly deserved the win and entertained with some good attacking football.
North End were a clear second best side today.

I disagree we were clear second best. Must have watched a different game. First half
It was even. Second half we started on the front foot and should have been 3 or 4-2. They had four chances and took them. We didn’t.

Did Millwall play well. Yes they did. Did they totally dominated us and deserve to win like your post suggest. No. We were the makers of our own downfall today.”

HunterLionheart said:
You reckon? I'd say we were the better side from minute 15-60, them for the the first 15 and last half hour, give or take? They just took their chances/made less errors.
“To me that is the definition of them out playing us!!
Like men and boys, take your Rose tinted off !!
If we had scored four they would have got six !!
No offence, opinions is”

Just watched the extended highlights on the OS. What a class performance from the whole team. The first goal was a good ball from Vogi which Flem controls well, rolls the defender and smashes it home. The second was a trademark free kick which he hit low but it did take a slight deflection off Evans. Nevertheless the keeper would not have got near it. Long should take some blame for both their goals. He flapped a bit at the corner and GR said that somebody was holding his arm. I think he is clutching at straws there! The second was a deep cross to the far post which Evans heads firmly but Long just drops to one knee and watches it go into the corner. Evans then missed a couple of good chances which just went wide.
Second half we weathered a bit of a storm but a great ball from Billy inside the full back sent Danny on his way, his cross found Flem and his two touches were absolute class. The fourth was a short corner from Molly, a good cross from Vogi, a flick on from Bradshaw at the near post and a solid header from close range by Cresswell. There were two more classic moments. The two players who were subbed looked very miffed as they threw their tops to the ground as they sat in the stands. And the steward who refused to give Flem the match ball looked a complete plonker. Flem gestured that the steward was off his head and eventually another steward reluctantly rolled the ball back to him. If it had been Harris or Teddy they‘d have decked him.
What a game and what a result!

We looked really good on Saturday. Passed it well, held it up well up front, moved for each other and looked comfortable going forward.

Ched Evans gave our defence a real tough time though I thought - he bullied us and had a great game.

Flemming's use of his physicality was really impressive and he has the presence of mind and quality to make chances for himself.