Peter Sweeney

The Den

under the cosh interview just come out, didnt recognise him at 1st, had to actually Google what he looked like when he played with us. Let himself go a bit.

I started watching that last night and will watch the rest today. Seemed to have a rather high opinion of his footballing ability. Far higher then what I thought he had anyway.
If I recall correctly he had a great cross, could create things but defensively pretty weak.
Similar to Mahoney but Sweeney was given more chances as we played with wingers and target men who could head it.

Didn't we sign him and a centre half from Sittingbourne?
No, I think that was Micky Harle who came with the centre half, whose name escapes me.
I only remember Harle because I met him at my gym after he was forced to retire, injured.
He was wearing Millwall shorts on the running machine.
Nice bloke, became a driving instructor.
Not a great player for us, but a nice bloke.

No, I think that was Micky Harle who came with the centre half, whose name escapes me.
I only remember Harle because I met him at my gym after he was forced to retire, injured.
He was wearing Millwall shorts on the running machine.
Nice bloke, became a driving instructor.
Not a great player for us, but a nice bloke.
Neil Emblem?

He did score v Watford, Ringo a 4-0 win on 11 Jan 2003, nearly right.
That’s what I said it wasn’t New Year’s Day. I remember it mainly because I was sat in the seat of a good mate of mine who had sadly topped himself, his brother gave me his season ticket for the day and asked me to tell mutual mates of ours the sad news. A rendition of the Sweeney came up when he scored.