Peter De Savary : Brown bread

Don’t want to speak ill of the dead but does anyone remember his soapbox speech on the pitch when he took over? And his “legacy” was selling off the training ground at Calmont Road :shake:

Selling the training ground was one move out of many over the years that those in charge have actioned which only served to absolutely rump the club.

I believe we sold it cheap to one of de Savary's pals and are still leasing it back to this day! Embarrassing.

Don’t want to speak ill of the dead but does anyone remember his soapbox speech on the pitch when he took over? And his “legacy” was selling off the training ground at Calmont Road :shake:

I remember he wore a Millwall shirt over his pin-striped suit. Looked really strange.

Selling the training ground was one move out of many over the years that those in charge have actioned which only served to absolutely rump the club.

I believe we sold it cheap to one of de Savary's pals and are still leasing it back to this day! Embarrassing.
Could be wrong but I think we sold it to Oxford University, either way we’ve now paid more in rent for the use of the training ground than we sold it for in the first place.
That was his game, asset stripping. In fact they once turned him down for the freedom of the City of London because of it
(but what do I know, he was minted & I’ve never owned a castle :shake:)

Before he made his speech on the pitch on the night of his first game in charge, there was talk that he wanted to walk on the pitch with 2 Lions on lead’s. I thought, fuck that, I sit in the lower tier.

Remember it well. Then the fireworks. I knew he was going to be a 5hitcun7 from that day onwards.

I remember he wore a Millwall shirt over his pin-striped suit. Looked really strange.
I always use this as an example of the difference between us and those drips at charlton. If he came out with that act at the Valium they’d all be creaming their pants, dreaming of the PL and sticking their tongues as far up his arse as possible. But he done it at Millwall so everyone just looked at each other with a confused look and said “who’s this cunt?” 😆

anyway, RIP. I think someone said recently that it was him who set us up with JB so for that we should be grateful

I always use this as an example of the difference between us and those drips at charlton. If he came out with that act at the Valium they’d all be creaming their pants, dreaming of the PL and sticking their tongues as far up his arse as possible. But he done it at Millwall so everyone just looked at each other with a confused look and said “who’s this cunt?” 😆

anyway, RIP. I think someone said recently that it was him who set us up with JB so for that we should be grateful
He invited JB to become part of the Millwall set up. JB replied that he would, but only if PDS and his cronies fucked off, never to return.
The rest is history.

He invited JB to become part of the Millwall set up. JB replied that he would, but only if PDS and his cronies fucked off, never to return.
The rest is history.
I met PDS at his Cinnamon luxury resort in Grenada https://www.tropicbreeze.co.uk/Gren...najjHqfSRmrsQs-FpdpYMmXPgYN96QykaAjnhEALw_wcB

Don’t believe all you read as my wife and I found him and his younger wife very convivial. I explained that I was Wall and did he know JB. “Know him” he said “I introduced him to Millwall”.
“Really” I said “is he still talking to you”? 😉 we both had a good laugh at that and he kindly sent us over a drink, which in true Wall fashion we reciprocated of course. 👍

ha funny cos its so true
i know its been said many many times but considering they are just up the road amazing how we are so different supporters wise to them.

imagine if he got a guitar out and started strumming most of our crowd would be thinking wtf is that all about and hiding behind the seats , going for a pee or a Beer to make it go away
The spotters would lap it up
It was a Bad look with the football shirt over a buisness shirt a even tighter look but Rip to the fella as said

Thats probably the biggest thing off the pitch i like the most about millwalls support they dont go in for all this bullshit and fakeness, seem to be able to spot and smell the type

smallwall