Our high scoring games

We beat Gateshead 7-0 in 1936. We beat both Coventry and Torquay 9-1 in 1927. I remember a couple of mad games we had against Exeter in 81/82 we lost 5-4 then beat them 5-1 in the return game at the Den, same season Grimsby thumped us 6-1, later that season we beat Fulham 4-3.
Purley remembers them well:)

I remember a game late 50s/early 60s we lost at home to Gateshead 2-0 that we were favoured to win. Nothing unusual about that but there were 7 (yes seven!) goals disallowed and if they had all stood the final score would have been 7-2 to them 🤦‍♂️

I remember a game late 50s/early 60s we lost at home to Gateshead 2-0 that we were favoured to win. Nothing unusual about that but there were 7 (yes seven!) goals disallowed and if they had all stood the final score would have been 7-2 to them 🤦‍♂️
Late 50s, early 60s Purley, I didn’t think we were formed until 1885.

Was the Exeter game the one we were 5 nil up at half time & got booed off for the second half performance?

That was 1979 though, I was there as well. People thought at half time we could better our biggest win ever of I think it was (and still is) 9-1. Not to be at all.