Our fans are split with GR and his boring tactics.

craywall70

Those of us who go , getting less of them each week, and those that don't go, but think we are doing great because of the top half of the table position.
I see the arguments all over social media.
Everyone i know that still go and a few who don't anymore just feel let down by this boring football we are playing.

mate
I've had a season ticket for 35+years
and some of the football has been shocking back in the championship
but until we get real investment in our team forget it
its not about nicking a good player here and there
we are not a mile away but to push on we need players that are out of reach
i would love to see us play a different way but do we have the personal to do it
GR has his reasons for playing the way he does
so yes would like to see a more attacking team but not at any cost

Those of us who go , getting less of them each week, and those that don't go, but think we are doing great because of the top half of the table position.
I see the arguments all over social media.
Everyone i know that still go and a few who don't anymore just feel let down by this boring football we are playing.
I go every home game and I can honestly say no one where I sit are calling for his head.

We'd have something to moan about if his boring style of play had us flirting just above the relegation places or actually in one of them.
GR ain't going nowhere fast and the board are happy with mid table without lashing out on signings,so best I can see is the odd win and maybe some goals.

This is the squad that GR built and to be honest it's some of the most uninspiring football i have have seen on a constant basis for a millwall team,our level of passing ability is poor ,our build up is slow and ponderous and at times the team is like Twiggy ....nothing worth having up top....if people are happy with this then that's fine but I expect a better standard by professional footballers....a 0-0 to GR is a great result

This is the squad that GR built and to be honest it's some of the most uninspiring football i have have seen on a constant basis for a millwall team,our level of passing ability is poor ,our build up is slow and ponderous and at times the team is like Twiggy ....nothing worth having up top....if people are happy with this then that's fine but I expect a better standard by professional footballers....a 0-0 to GR is a great result
Is this the squad that GR built?

I might be wrong but of our strikers Bod, Smith and Bradshaw were brought to the club by NH. Obviously, Afobe by GR.

Midfield Jed, Leonard, Mahoney by NH and Bennett, Evans, Ojo and Kief by GR.

Defenders: Hutch, Murray and Cooper NH. Ballard, Pearce and Malone GR.

Bart NH and Long GR.

So by my reckoning around two 3rds of a normal first team squad were brought to the club by NH.

With Bod, Smith, Pearce, Romeo, Thommo out of the door in the Summer, if GR stays the full squad will be his and we will be in a better position to judge him🤔

Last edited:

I might be wrong but of our strikers Bod, Smith and Bradshaw were brought to the club by NH. Obviously, Afobe by GR.

Bart NH and Long GR.

So by my reckoning around two 3rds of a normal first team squad were brought to the club by NH.

With Bod, Smith, Pearce, Romeo, Thommo out of the door in the Summer, if GR stays the full squad will be his and we will be in a better position to judge him🤔
Thought Harris brought in Pearce?

Last edited by a moderator:
& it was only a week ago we put in a really decent performance against Bournemouth
We did, but what does us every time, as a team, is our consistency (or lack of!).

Think it comes back to the mentality of the players! If you were a Wall player, finishing in that Bournemouth game, you’d be rightly coming off that pitch at FT, absolutely buzzing because you would have known you’d more than held your own against the league leaders and that, as a team, you should have beat them!

So why is it that those players couldn’t take that ‘buzz’ with them, when they played Hull away, the following Saturday? Why is it we can match the football played (and sometimes play better) against teams in the top 6, but struggle against lowly opposition like Hull?

I don’t just see it as being 100% the players fault. I would say, maybe 25% of it is down to Rowett not being able to consistently motivate the players each and every week! Maybe Rowett needs to be less of the nice boss, and more like Alex Ferguson was in his Aberdeen/Man United days - throwing hairdryers and tea cups around the dressing room, when his team is playing shit!

Sort out the inconsistency in the team, and I think everything else wrong with it (poor passing, players not trying etc.) will improve, as the players start to see that consistency makes them compete better and win them more games!

I've had a season ticket since 1970 and I don't intend giving up now whatever the standard of performances are like.
We've had it worse in the past when we would wonder where the next goal would be scored let alone the next win.
True, it's not great at the moment, but we do get the odd win, usually by the odd goal. Anyway, onwards and upwards. COYL!

& it was only a week ago we put in a really decent performance against Bournemouth
How many games were we absolute dire apart from b,mouth & wba....not consistant, the standard this season apart from the big money clubs is ordinary hence our position

There have been times this season when I have been bored shitless. However the table doesn’t lie and we’ve been in a lot worse league positions, losing every week and playing worse football for a number of years.

players couldn’t string passes together for years, no movement, and this season going long when they should go short, going short when they should go long, completely ignoring players out wide in space.

This isn’t new and I can’t remember us being any good going forward since the first half of 2012/13.

its not rowett, it want Harris.
holloway and lomas were ****s and I remember Jackett being called a boring welsh **** when he was polishing turds.

we are at that Jackett stage again, he f***ed off and we ended up going backwards. They need time and they need patience from us.

Bart NH and Long GR.

GR has had several windows now, therefore this is largely his squad.

Bart is the best we could have as a keeper, Long is his signing.

Realistically - not many managers would replace Coops or Hutch. Murray is an excellent back up. Danny Mac & Malone are his choices at full back, He gave a contract extension to Pearce & Signed Ballard.

Midfield - Evans, Kief, Saville & Ojo - plus arguably Billy are Rowett picks. Jed again, any manager would have him for a team on our budget. Leonard has improved under him and used as a utility. Thommo & Mahoney barely feature.

Up front - Rowett gave new contracts to Bradshaw & Smith. He Signed Bennett & Afobe.

Make no mistake, this is a Rowett squad. Only two players he'd probably like shot off in Thommo & Bodvarsson

If it went back to 2pts for a win 1pt for a draw GR would be a very sort after manager. But those days are long gone so mid table it is with GR