Our crowds

This topic of conversation comes up almost after a season has ended and no one has an answer.
People stay away for a variety of reasons whether it’s other interests take over,the cost or just had enough with stewards,shit food and drink for sky prices,microphones and grass line.

personally last season could be my last as looking to move abroad in September (so I could catch the first few games) and that just leaves my son who won’t want to go on his Jacks as our mates have stopped going.All rather sad really.

And they have every right too. Just as we also have the right to boo it if we wish
And I don't disagree with that, but it show the decisive nature of it...when all said and done our own players don't do it. So by default they are applauding the other team. We'll at least in my logic right or wrong...

Did anyone else notice the home crowd at the play off leg in Luton? They all seemed to have those Clackers, like playing beside a nest of Rattle snakes.

This topic of conversation comes up almost after a season has ended and no one has an answer.
People stay away for a variety of reasons whether it’s other interests take over,the cost or just had enough with stewards,shit food and drink for sky prices,microphones and grass line.

personally last season could be my last as looking to move abroad in September (so I could catch the first few games) and that just leaves my son who won’t want to go on his Jacks as our mates have stopped going.All rather sad really.
Add to that list 'where can you park'?
Hard enough to find a place let alone if you want to turn up 2.30

the time has gone when it was local people watching us
for many reason as a lot of you have said above
what we need now is how to get a new lot of fans not sure how you would go about it
for fans that are a bit older this is the best we have ever had it
we have a very good home ground trips out to wembley every 3-5 seasons
a great chairman who keeps us going for a lot of us this is all we want
ho and a good team to watch on a saturday

possible the only way would be to go up
but i think that may push a lot of the older fans out even more

the time has gone when it was local people watching us
for many reason as a lot of you have said above
what we need now is how to get a new lot of fans not sure how you would go about it
for fans that are a bit older this is the best we have ever had it
we have a very good home ground trips out to wembley every 3-5 seasons
a great chairman who keeps us going for a lot of us this is all we want
ho and a good team to watch on a saturday

possible the only way would be to go up
but i think that may push a lot of the older fans out even more
Other clubs seem to manage when there fans move out, Proof of that is the steam engine molester's from SE7 who up to this point have sold a few hundred more season tickets than us, Like us they have very few walk up supporter's these days, Promotion would see the ground sell out every week, I don't think I would be in attendance because I couldn't sit amongst the type of freaks who watch the premier League.

Our crowds are pretty similar pre- and post pandemic for week end games (Friday Night / Sat / Sun) 13,515 Average for 14 games season 19/20 v 13,655 for 15 Weekend Games Season 21/22.

Midweek Average was 11,601 19/20 for 5 Games v 11,686 21/22 for 8 Games.

The 3 extra midweek games lowering our overall average.

Included in above Away fans was 1,423 (19/20) v 1,412 (21/22) Weekend games and 1,001 (19/20) v 1,146 (21/22) Midweek games

Talking of crowds - Was anyone from MO in the West End last night?
Everywhere I went I was surrounded by Mackems...I think the entire population of Sunderland are down for their L1 play-off final..! Fair play to 'em. I hope they go up...they bring more to The Den and make more noise then those girls from Wycombe.

:grinning:

Like us they have very few walk up supporter's these days,
I'd say we have a good few walk up supporters mate, both tourists and staunch Wall that can't do enough games to justify a season ticket. On top of that i know many that do at least 15 home games per season but would never buy a ST for various reasons.

I don't think I would be in attendance because I couldn't sit amongst the type of freaks who watch the premier League.
Same sentiment here as well as going to games knowing you're going to lose, can't see the attractions of that league at all. I don't buy into the idea that just one season would set us up for eternity, it would change our support base and alienate and trigger bans for some proper wall that would turn it in. As for the idea we'd take the piss wherever we go, we ain't in the 80' 90's and 00's anymore!

I'd say we have a good few walk up supporters mate, both tourists and staunch Wall that can't do enough games to justify a season ticket. On top of that i know many that do at least 15 home games per season but would never buy a ST for various reasons.

Same sentiment here as well as going to games knowing you're going to lose, can't see the attractions of that league at all. I don't buy into the idea that just one season would set us up for eternity, it would change our support base and alienate and trigger bans for some proper wall that would turn it in. As for the idea we'd take the piss wherever we go, we ain't in the 80' 90's and 00's anymore!
I have been wondering whether our CEO would take the opportunity to change the clubs fanbase if we got promoted, going full tilt at the premiership funfair saying there is no place for the old ways, knowing it would alienate the old fans whilst doing all they could to keep the new flag waving types.

I have been wondering whether our CEO would take the opportunity to change the clubs fanbase if we got promoted,
Ambler and this fellow have been doing that for years. All well and good if we stayed up, what happens when don't and you've alienated and banned the majority of diehards!!!

We obviously have a reputation that probably stops some casual fans just turning up to see a game. I can only think of giving season ticket holders free tickets to a fair few low key home games so they can bring their mates and hope they want to go again after that. Apart from the local sports clubs getting free tickets, perhaps tickets now and then for the residents within walking distance and a couple of free tickets for the families of the staff working on match days.

The problem we have is mud sticks, as a club, we do a lot in the community, I think once during covid we got a 5cm x 5cm article in the press about a foodbank, other then that we get a centre spread on how a fan farted, this will always put off the casual fan.

I remember years ago I got on the 42 bus towards Camberwell, 2 young black girls spotted my Millwall hat, and having the attitude of a crocodile with a sore tooth, they went on a rave about how Millwall was racist, that right there is the perception local people have about our club, and unfortunately most always will have.

Agree on all but not so sure it would drastically change our support base 🙏 i hope, looks like we'll sell about 9,000 season tickets this year and if we did go up they'd more than likely be another 3/4000 or so more who are real wall but lapsed or can't make every game who would buy which wouldn't leave many for the happy clapper/mong/woke brigade.

Agree on all but not so sure it would drastically change our support base 🙏 i hope, looks like we'll sell about 9,000 season tickets this year and if we did go up they'd more than likely be another 3/4000 or so more who are real wall but lapsed or can't make every game who would buy which wouldn't leave many for the happy clapper/mong/woke brigade.
9000?, I got an email last week asking why my Grandson hasn't renewed and he could be the 6000th season ticket sold, Since the tickets have now gone up I can't see us selling another 3000.

9000?, I got an email last week asking why my Grandson hasn't renewed and he could be the 6000th season ticket sold, Since the tickets have now gone up I can't see us selling another 3000.
Got told they'd sold just under 8,000 but just checked and they're expecting to beat the record of over 8,000 so would still expect to sell at least 12,000 to current and lapsed fans which wouldn't leave much for others to buy