One Who Slipped Through The Net

Harry Toffolo: Never got a chance with us but playing well for Huddersfield with six goals and seven assists this season from left-back 🤷‍♂️
Good spot mate I thought the same, he got released by Norwich. Steady consistent player never given a go really

I’m afraid to say it was Neil Harris who decided to let him go with out playing a game for us and then he joined Lincoln who then sold him to Huddersfield for one million plus when Danny Crowley signed him for Huddersfield

In fairness to Harris James Meredith was excellent in that 2017-18 season so he was hardly likely to drop Meredith for Toffolo at any stage.

The real shock came the following season where Meredith went from being an accomplished championship left back to a total liability. We’ve had our fair share of players slipping out of form and favour in our time but Meredith’s fall from grace was probably one of the strangest I can remember.

There were all sorts of rumours going round come the end of the 2018 season and Meredith was quietly shown the exit door but it seems the real story has never come out.

In fairness to Harris James Meredith was excellent in that 2017-18 season so he was hardly likely to drop Meredith for Toffolo at any stage.

The real shock came the following season where Meredith went from being an accomplished championship left back to a total liability. We’ve had our fair share of players slipping out of form and favour in our time but Meredith’s fall from grace was probably one of the strangest I can remember.

There were all sorts of rumours going round come the end of the 2018 season and Meredith was quietly shown the exit door but it seems the real story has never come out.
And then Muzza took he’s place so it didn’t end out all bad.

I’m afraid to say it was Neil Harris who decided to let him go with out playing a game for us
He was with us for six months and not a starter cause of players ahead of him. He had no championship experience and dropped to league two for two seasons before Huddersfield took a punt on him. It made sense at the time and does now. Hindsight is wonderful thing, more so if the player in question happens to be doing okay at the moment. It was also Neil Harris that bought many of the players that gots us to where we are today and without Toffolo.

What's happening with the other players that Harris let go?

Last edited:
Always thought there has been a pattern with our squads that have done well over the years, apart from those that leave for big money, most turn out to have played their best football with us, always thought that the successful squads were more to do with team spirit and desire rather than individual talent.
Toffolo is one of the few exceptions.