On this day

Much as I deride Archer as a goalkeeper, when I think back on this game, it's his fingertip save from Billy Clarke in the first half that I remember first. I had a perfect view of that and feel sure that if it'd gone in, we'd have struggled to get back into the game and might instead be where Bradford are now, floundering in league two.

Probably the most nervous I’ve ever been watching a Wall game. I knew before the match that it was shit or bust for us and as the game went into the final 15 minutes I had a feeling that someone was going to get an opportunity and thankfully it fell to us and we took it. The final 5 minutes or so were a fucking nightmare to watch especially when Harris took off Jed and Gregory, thank fuck they never scored at the end when the ball was bouncing around our penalty area.

If we had lost we would never have signed Jed, Cooper or Saville the following season and would probably also have lost players like Hutchinson, Gregory, Romeo (he was highly rated at the time) and Ferguson. It’s not beyond the realms of possibility that we could very well have ended up where Bradford find themselves now so for that reason I’ll always be grateful to Steve Morison for scoring the single most important Millwall goal in modern history.

If we had lost we would never have signed Jed, Cooper or Saville the following season and would probably also have lost players like Hutchinson, Gregory, Romeo (he was highly rated at the time) and Ferguson. It’s not beyond the realms of possibility that we could very well have ended up where Bradford find themselves now so for that reason I’ll always be grateful to Steve Morison for scoring the single most important Millwall goal in modern history.
Bradford are where they are now down to their Financial model of cheap season tickets, meaning a fullish ground still loses money. They rely on selling food and merchandise, which is a fickle revenue stream when unsucessful and people with cheap season tickets (including free kids ones) don't turn up.

I was really nervous to start with, but for some reason, the longer the game went on I felt it was going to be our day. Mind you, I shit my pants in those last couple of minutes when they were throwing everything at us.

On the OP video, after the goal Harris taps his watch says "we need to go ten across the back..."
:grinning:

Staff online