Older mob

Was it Oxford or Swindon where a 'wall fan got run over by a couple of black lads and it all kicked off in a shopping centre after the match? About 30 minutes later about 40 of us had about 200 of them on top of us throwing them metal poles, that used to hold rope up in road works, like spears.
I was never the type that looked for trouble but following 'wall over the years their was always times you would get caught up in it.

i think that was Reading,as i have mentioned we played those towns so often years ago and that b frank was living up there and it blew up in the shopping centre before and later on they tried a ambush near the bus stn when we came back after the game, but it didnt go there way and then they ran.

like you say sometimes it was hard to avoid trouble in those days especially when Wall was away as every town chancer would try their luck

Was it Oxford or Swindon where a 'wall fan got run over by a couple of black lads and it all kicked off in a shopping centre after the match? About 30 minutes later about 40 of us had about 200 of them on top of us throwing them metal poles, that used to hold rope up in road works, like spears.
I was never the type that looked for trouble but following 'wall over the years their was always times you would get caught up in it.
That was Reading, had a few set toos with the locals.

Got Ambushed by Reading by the station a few hours after a game there (late 90's poss early 00's) got a few smacks when 30+ of them had a go at about 5 of us. Nearly went to ground, which would have got me a few stamps and kicks I'm sure.

As soon as we got about 20 together they were on their toes.

Also remember having a drink with Big F in a pub by the station a few years before... a group of 5 of us taking the absolute piss out of every fcker in that pub. By the time we decided to head back to London (about 11ish), we were the only ones left in there!

Was that the 1 where someone threw a spanner at their keeper?
Also...was it where you had to walk around the allotments?
As with All....hazy fuckin' memories!

i always liked going to oxford years ago , in their end and the meet by the crossroads v them. one of the best matchs is when we had george lawrence,playing for us and they couldnt catch him,a great player. i was nicked there once and put in hospital all in one day,the pubswere good and the birds were blinding
It was always a good day out. Except the day when that twat joey beachamp ran the length of the pitch to fire one in from 20+ years to put us 3-0 down just after half time. I am as nicked that day. Spent the night. 1990 I think