OLAOFE

Should we get Olaofe back off loan to strengthen our attack?

• YES

Votes: 52 89.7%
  • NO

Votes: 6 10.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It wouldn’t surprise me if next season Rowett still thinks Olaofe isn’t “quite there yet” and loans him out to a league 1 club, with a view to bringing him back for the start of the 2023/2024 season!

Just as long as the league 1 club isn’t Charlton! :wagging:

Think people get a little too excited about the quality of kids coming through the youth system.
We're a Championship side, these kids really need to be knocking on the first team door by 18-19. At the very least we should have top clubs in League One looking to loan them. In reality the best loans we can get them is National league or League Two.
Someone who watches Sutton recently told me that Olaofe looks OK at that level, but Sutton have better forwards than him.
The jump to the Championship from there is huge.

It's been mentioned several times before the jump for strikers from Leagues 1 & 2 and the Conference is enormous.

Take Lee Gregory as an example. I think the majority of fans would say he was a successful acquisition from the lower leagues but as of yesterday his goal return is:

League 1 102 games 43 goals (ratio 1 every 2.5 roughly)
Championship 183 games 39 goals (ratio 1 every 4.5 roughly)

If you take into consideration the above included penalties, it's not that as great a return as some believe and I think it's fair to say he wasn't a prolific Championship striker.

Against this background, I understand Olaofe has been watched several times and the club doesn't think he's ready yet so let's not get carried away with expectations.

Last edited: