Oil Burke

To be fair he is really not an out and out striker. He is more of a central attacking midfielder.

A position we have been weak in forever, well almost.

Maybe thats where GR intends to play him. Still need a striker though.

Another player who can't make it at a club at our level and awful scoring record. Will give him a chance but don't get the strategy. Would rather have a go with someone like Stevens at Forest Green, 14 goals this season (yes, it is L2), 23 years old, from Surrey, so is a local lad, also a boxer.

I would go to another league two team and for the rest of this season, try blooding a 22 year old scoring goals for Sutton United. 7 goals in 20 appearances this season, 16 in 41 last season, shows some consistency, he knows where that netty thing is. Of course, nobody's heard of him, his name is Isaac Olaofe :wahey:

Who knows, we might bring the best out of him, its happened before. Player not getting game time, might just have fallen out of favour. ring any bells? Mahony anyone? Give the bloke a chance for fuck sake.

January signings are invariably panic buys at inflated prices IMO. A few sensible loans is what’s required. He’s not a 36 year old donkey he’s 24 year old who’s career has tailed off for whatever reason. Maybe too many transfers at ridiculous prices has put the lad under pressure and he’s never settled since Forest having played in different countries.

Welcome to the mighty Wall Oli and I hope it goes well for both you and the club.

COYL

I'm thankful we have signed an attacking player rather than a defender, for all those moaning that he can't get into the Sheffield side, Bennett could not get in the Derby side but proved to be an improvement to anything else we had and always looks a threat.
I really hope the lad does well here, he is still young, hopefully hungry so we could have a gem on our hands.

Last edited:
Smith gave 100%, Ben gives 100%, I'd give 100% FFS, it's the minimum I'd demand. The kid has talent, let's hope it's a move that works for us. Thing is if he does well they'll sell him in the summer and we won't stand a chance of buying him. If he fails we'll probably keep him on loan. Either way it's short term thinking. This season's over for us, bring back Isaac, buy a lower league forward to try him out ready for next year. I just don't get what Burke gives us. If he scores or creates 10 goals (and let's face it Messi would struggle to do that under Rowett) he'll be off and we'll finish around 8th. If it fails we'll finish around 16th and start next season clueless again.

Not prolific is an under-statement, 1 in 28 for Sheffield United :slap:

Mind you with a name like "Oil" (see thread heading) we can expect him to be slick ;)
Comparable with Bod. Having said that my own goalscoring record with 'Wall over 3 seasons, is only 5 behind Bod's....

I'm thankful we have signed an attacking player rather than a defender, for all those moaning that he can't get into the Sheffield side, Bennett could not get in the Derby side but proved to be an improvement to anything else we had and always looks a threat.
Saville and Wallace both came from Wolves where they couldn't get a game but done well for us. Bods suffer selective memory loss when they think they know it all.