Next Seasons Signings

Maybe a little too much of a gamble. Following GR's previous we will get a quality player who is injured and has comitted some henius crime. Mind you thats worked before :unsure:

My inside source came up with a couple of interesting stories this morning. Who knows if they are true!
Arsenal want to send Ballard to Huddersfield on loan next season. He is not keen and would like another season with us. I can’t see a real benefit to Arsenal sending an emerging talent to another Championship side. I know they are in the play offs and could become a Premier league side but I am not sure whether they will get to the play off final and win their way to the top flight. Ideally, Ballard would be well suited to join Fulham or Bournemouth or even Brighton or Southampton.

We missed out on Balogun in January and he went on loan to Middlesborough. Arsenal are looking to loan him out again this season and he would like to join us. He has spoken to Ballard who has spoken highly of us and he is keen to pull on the blue shirt. I thought his loan fee was £1m in January but it was less than half that. Only three goals for Boro since January so not prolific but could be worth a pop?

Ojo’s loan fee was over £6000 and he failed to shine much for us. He has gone back to Liverpool and his agent must be looking for yet another club to sign him up for next season.

My inside source came up with a couple of interesting stories this morning. Who knows if they are true!
Arsenal want to send Ballard to Huddersfield on loan next season. He is not keen and would like another season with us. I can’t see a real benefit to Arsenal sending an emerging talent to another Championship side. I know they are in the play offs and could become a Premier league side but I am not sure whether they will get to the play off final and win their way to the top flight. Ideally, Ballard would be well suited to join Fulham or Bournemouth or even Brighton or Southampton.

We missed out on Balogun in January and he went on loan to Middlesborough. Arsenal are looking to loan him out again this season and he would like to join us. He has spoken to Ballard who has spoken highly of us and he is keen to pull on the blue shirt. I thought his loan fee was £1m in January but it was less than half that. Only three goals for Boro since January so not prolific but could be worth a pop?

Ojo’s loan fee was over £6000 and he failed to shine much for us. He has gone back to Liverpool and his agent must be looking for yet another club to sign him up for next season.
Would be good if we could get Ballard again, but Balogun’s stats don’t sound good. Maybe it was the way Wilder utilised him, whereas GR could use him differently?

I don’t know how much power Ballard can wield, bearing in mind he’s not fully a 1st team player at Arsenal yet, but fair play to him for digging his studs in and not wanting to go to Huddersfield. Living in the capital, it’s understandable that he wouldn’t want to up sticks so far away, and be away from his family and friends! Also, if Huddersfield don’t get promotion to the Prem, via the play offs, then Ballard might as well stay with us, for the above reasons I’ve mentioned, and play in a team he likes and is happy with!

What this does show, is the power and camaraderie of the players of this club (plus our support), that a future Arsenal star is wanting to play for us again!

Interesting. I can't see Ballard getting a break in the Arsenal side personally, he isn't as young as I first thought and if you're 23/24 without having made a first team appearance at the highest level then I doubt there is much future for him at the Emirates.

Re: Balogun, he is all pace but for me his finishing and end product is very questionable. He could pose a threat though and I wouldn't say no providing he has the right attitude. I think under Afobe's guidance he could come good.

I wonder why he chose Boro over us last season, though?

Ojo is worth a go this season imo. He needs a home, he's been used by Liverpool as an earner, charging clubs big loan fees to have him for a season whilst keeping him under contract. Many clubs do it, Chelsea were the worst. I felt we were just starting to see the best of Ojo before his injury and he offered something different to what we had in the squad.

Can't believe we are gonna have a one Million warchest to improve the squad, gonna win the Championship next season piss easy.

I wasn't 100% convinced about Ojo before he got injured. He's clearly got skill and pace but does he have the character to dig-in when we go down a goal at places like Blackburn/Preston or some other northern shit-hole? I'd rather give Burey more games and bring Boateng into the first team squad.
They're both still young and raw. If we rely on them, we won't be competing at the top end of the table and playoffs etc. That said, I'm also not sure that Ojo is the right option either

Would sign him just to piss the spotters off, especially if he did well for us! Can you imagine the mega meltdown if he was banging in the goals for us? 🤣
No but i can imagine them taking the piss when he does fuck all in a division he has done,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, fuck all in. He's shit.

Last edited:
So we are trying to get Afobe and Burke on permanent deals and Jed is 100 billion, zillion, trillion off.
Burke would be a good addition to the squad. He doesn't get pushed off the ball, has confidence going forward and positions himself well. Plus even though no one likes us, he seems to be the exception to the rule. I would rather have a player who wants to play for us rather than some journeyman wage thief.