Neil Warnock...

Don't disagree I o D, problem is getting the idea past Kavanagh . There lies our problem. Our Chairman who been very good to us is.100% reliant on Kavanagh for anything 'Wall. Being in the States does'nt help us , so anything Kavanagh disagrees with will be censored. However we must keep on trying to circumnavigate Kavanagh.

Rowett signed a contract In October 2019 and has a 3 year plan which to me means he has at least a 3 year deal but probably 3 and a half so as to run till the end of next season Instead of finishing In October this year.

Either way people need to realise that he Is not going anywhere this season. To be honest If he's got till 2023, the club won't get rid of him before then unless the fans drastically and consistantly turn up the heat and make his tenure untenable or he has us In the relegation zone.

Unfortunately we are stuck with him for the remainder of this season.
Don't football contracts run to the end of June each year and his contract two and a half. Thought his contract was up this summer.

Modern day management now a younger mans game like Steven Gerard though he cant need the money. The dinosaurs like Warnock Hodgson Mccarthy Pulis and Hughton should never find another job

Also, they can cost clubs (like us) a lot of money in contract compensation. They ain't cheap and they don't usually get anywhere near the end of their contract before they are binned.

Talking about old style managers, look at the old boy Tony Mowbray at Blackburn, 2nd in the league and not really spent any money.

Sometimes experience from your elders works!!!

He's 58, so not that old really, but yes, very experienced. And you right, he's doing great at the moment with Blackburn with very little to spend.

I was just looking at his managerial record. I thought he had more success under his belt. Although, he did get Albion up into the promised land and also an FA Cup semi-final. The fans loved him though, even after the relegation. He's had a few bad experiences along the road as well.

2.JPG

He's 58, so not that old really, but yes, very experienced. And you right, he's doing great at the moment with Blackburn with very little to spend.

I was just looking at his managerial record. I thought he had more success under his belt. Although, he did get Albion up into the promised land and also an FA Cup semi-final. The fans loved him though, even after the relegation. He's had a few bad experiences along the road as well.

View attachment 16824
He seems to be having a good spell, sometimes it’s just the timing is right with the right club and manager and that’s what Blackburn have with him at the moment. Hopefully we can find that in someone soon, because it’s not Rowett!!!

Garry Monk?
Bruno Labbadia?
Sam Allardyce?
Slaven Bilić?
Monk, had a few clubs at this level and failed

Bruno, coached in Germany and recently sacked but could come good in the championship

Allardyce, not for the long term and plays longer long ball than Harris

Bilic, again had chances at Premier league and Championship levels, does well then the Wheels fall off

We have not really gone down the foreign manager route and it’s seems to work for the likes of Norwich and Brentford so maybe Bruno could be a chance we could take or do we look at the managers doing well in league one.

I know a manager. Wouldn’t cost much. Knows the club and had a 41.6% win record…

personally, I don’t think it matters to a degree what manager we have. Without a benefactor that’s going to spunk money like it’s going out of fashion on players, then plucky C’ship survival is the best we can hope for.

The facts are we have a small squad, a couple of long term injuries is always going to spell danger.

Monk, had a few clubs at this level and failed

Bruno, coached in Germany and recently sacked but could come good in the championship

Allardyce, not for the long term and plays longer long ball than Harris

Bilic, again had chances at Premier league and Championship levels, does well then the Wheels fall off

We have not really gone down the foreign manager route and it’s seems to work for the likes of Norwich and Brentford so maybe Bruno could be a chance we could take or do we look at the managers doing well in league one.
Thanks for your thoughts Shawmi. I think Bruno is a good shout. 👍

I think it's about time the board looked at poaching a manager instead just employing whoever doesn't have a job.

Just been reading about MK Dons manager Liam Manning whose managerial career doesn't look much to read but has worked with U23's at Norwich & Vermin then worked in the MLS before being installed at Belgium side Lommel SK who he took from bottom of table to third.

Prefers high possession high pressing style of football and developing youngsters which at a club like Wall with limited resources could be a good thing.

not for me, how many times have we booed his teams for lying down everytime they want to waste time, I remember Micheal Brown going down 10-15 times against us once , and the sub on the other side of the pitch etc, cant stomach having to backtrack on that level of bullshit