My take on last night

I like to think of myself as a 'Glass half full' sort of bloke so I'm looking at this as an unbeaten run of 5 (I'm the league) since the limp performance against Cardiff. Yes, I get we're not setting the world on fire but we've had two decent draws against WBA & Coventry (although we could/should have won the latter) but with players out through illness and injury I think we've done alright. I'm impressed with Rowett accommodating Ojo into the lineup and tinkering a bit with the formation to do so. I think we've got the makings of a decent, solid squad - we've shown we can be pretty solid at the back, now we just need Adobe, Smith et al to go on a little scoring run we're looking OK. Next few games could be key against beatable opposition.
COYL

Thanks Silver, good to read. I thought Saville was exceptional all night. Less sure about Ojo. It was a decent deserved win.
Don't understand Cooper on the bench, nor the Dutchman. One negative: what the hell do we do when Jed leaves in January, as everyone suspects?

My tuppence worth: Saville is starting to look more like the player that we sold last time round. Saville and Dutch looks our best CM pairing. I assume that Dutch had a niggle and was rested on Wednesday? When either is missing I'd prefer Mitchell to Evans (although tbf I thought that Evans was very good in the 1st half on Wednesday). Ojo looks very good when he's on the ball but he's not involved enough at the moment; hopefully, it will come. Cooper is not playing well, and on current form is our 4th best CB. Afobe and Bradshaw have both played well recently but neither looks like a 15 goal/season striker. Smith might be but he offers little apart from flick-ons outside the box. I don't want to see Jed go but if he does, I feel more confident about us without him than I did a month ago. Onwards and, hopefully, upwards.

A result we just about earned but again our build up play was so slow.... big holes in midfield all game and someone give Bart a few lessons on kicking....great shot stopper ...awful kicker & distribution ..... Onwards to a very wet trip it seems on Saturday. Coyl

My tuppence worth: Saville is starting to look more like the player that we sold last time round. Saville and Dutch looks our best CM pairing. I assume that Dutch had a niggle and was rested on Wednesday? When either is missing I'd prefer Mitchell to Evans (although tbf I thought that Evans was very good in the 1st half on Wednesday). Ojo looks very good when he's on the ball but he's not involved enough at the moment; hopefully, it will come. Cooper is not playing well, and on current form is our 4th best CB. Afobe and Bradshaw have both played well recently but neither looks like a 15 goal/season striker. Smith might be but he offers little apart from flick-ons outside the box. I don't want to see Jed go but if he does, I feel more confident about us without him than I did a month ago. Onwards and, hopefully, upwards.
Agree re Coops. He has been serious liability last twice seen at home. Multiple errors, stumbles lost passes missed tackles. I am no grey fan of relying on loaners but Ballard right now is a class above

Amusing but heart stopping moment when Murray Wallace misjudged a header fell over and started crawling back luckily mom Hutch was there to cover. It’s good to be back😀😀

Thanks Silver, good to read. I thought Saville was exceptional all night. Less sure about Ojo. It was a decent deserved win.
Don't understand Cooper on the bench, nor the Dutchman. One negative: what the hell do we do when Jed leaves in January, as everyone suspects?
I think the Dutchman struggles to play 2 games in a week and is rested in midweek matches. With Malone out we will have a back 5 at Barnsley oy Mac,Ballard,Hutch,Cooper and Murray.I think this will be a good defence.

Very good report as usual, not a brilliant performance but a wins a win . I thought we played much better against Coventry/West Brom which we drew so I guess we were owed a win like that . I definitely thought Afobe should have done better with his chance in the first half after great anticipation to get in the position in the first place.