My lad - Little Lion

The NHS gets a lot of stick for wasting money and having long waiting times, but a few years ago, my daughter (then 14) had to have major surgery, and there was no waiting time at all. She went into hospital, was assessed immediately and same day later, was having surgery!
my lad has needed the op since he was 10 so has waited a few years. Can't blame NHS for that though as they tried keyhole surgery 1st but it didn't work. Then along came covid, so everything was slowed down. Appreciate the kind words.

As some of you know my 14yo lad needs open heart surgery. He's been booked in for great ormand street for Friday morning. We're going up there on Thursday to check in and get bloods tested to make sure they have enough in case he needs a transfusion. Also needs a hole drilled into his heart to relieve pressure as he has calcification of the heart now too. Putting his life into our surgeons hands, we have the best surgeons in the world.
Won't be posting too much soon... Not that it particularly matters about the latter. The Den .
All the best with your boy’s op. The NHS takes some stick but are world quality in these things.