Moro at Cardiff

I don't believe Morrison gives two fucks about us to be honest. Maybe that he even thinks that he was doing us a favour. I think the man was a proper mercenary (many If not most are and that's fine) but that ain't the way of a legend

He cared enough to pull rank in the dressing room when players weren't pulling their weight, as Ilderton eluded to in his post. Whatever we think of him, he was a serious and dedicated professional that wanted to win every challenge, loose ball, free kick, any advantage he could possibly get over his opponent, that makes him okay in my book, fuck the gossip, tales and rumours.

Last edited:
Would definitely have Abdou as a legend,
We'd all agree on that, love the geezer for the goal at Leeds alone

:bow:

For me Kevin Bremner and Steve Lovell are right up there, but I'm sure most would disagree
Not from me you won't and i'll raise you Sir Les Briley! What a shrewd signing Lovell turned out to be as well! The Nigels got well mugged off with that one. What a team that was eh, great memories from the cup run and league games.

Last edited:

Not from me you won't and i'll raise you Sir, Les Briley! What a shrewd signing Lovell turned out to be as well! The Nigels got well mugged off with that one. What a team that was eh, great memories from the cup run and league games.
Yep, agree on Les, from the same mould as Billy Neil, proper Millwall man, consumate professionalon and off the pitch, always has time for the fans. Certainly was a great team and great days

Would definitely have Abdou as a legend, probably influenced by when you you were young. For me Kevin Bremner and Steve Lovell are right up there, but I'm sure most would disagree

Apart from his goal at Leeds my favourite Jimmi Abdou moment was at home to Birmingham when they hammered us five or six nil. In the dying minutes Birmingham went through on goal once again and their striker rounded the keeper to slot the ball home but dear old Jimmy had made a lung bursting run from the half way line to try and stop the inevitable nail in the coffin.

He couldn’t prevent the goal and went sliding into the net on his arse in the pissing rain but it summed up his whole attitude, he wasn’t the most talented player we’ve ever had but fuck me what an engine. Really lovely fella as well if you ever met him.

Not from me you won't and i'll raise you Sir, Les Briley! What a shrewd signing Lovell turned out to be as well! The Nigels got well mugged off with that one. What a team that was eh, great memories from the cup run and league games.
Wasn't lovell a defender but pushed up front because of injuries and scored several games on the trot if I remember correctly

Cunt of a ref that day, players never gave in and got clapped off by the crowd. Very proud of how we all reacted that day. Many other grounds would have emptied out.

I was going to say that we applauded the players off but I wasn’t sure if I was imagining it or not. I wonder if the reaction would be the same nowadays in the more social media driven world we live in? I always find that the feeling among actual crowd at The Den is different to some of the hysterical stuff that you read on here and Twitter/Facebook after a draw or defeat.

I was going to say that we applauded the players off but I wasn’t sure if I was imagining it or not. I wonder if the reaction would be the same nowadays in the more social media driven world we live in? I always find that the feeling among actual crowd at The Den is different to some of the hysterical stuff that you read on here and Twitter/Facebook after a draw or defeat.
It was a strange day but the players got a standing ovation from those around me at full time. I think Alan Dunne got the same when he got sent off, but might remember wrongly.

Cunt of a ref that day, players never gave in and got clapped off by the crowd. Very proud of how we all reacted that day. Many other grounds would have emptied out.
Spot on. I was proud to applaud the team (what were left on the pitch) at the final whistle. The cheating scumbag Brum striker zigich, got two of ours sent off diving and claiming life threatening injury. Never forget, never forgive.
that's why I get extra pleasure every time we turn Brum over!
The Ref swallowed everything, bent as a Nine Bob Note.

Since we are a Broad Church, I would like to nominate:
The late and great Keith Weller. Finest all round player we've had, and an innovater to boot, remember the white Tights?
Also an honourable mention for long time Millwall servant, Barry Rowan, fine winger and latterly Match Day Ambasdaddor who took me pitchside for a personal photo op. Top Bloke.
It Is as players will have their own qualities and will be remembered for different reasons, and as Its been said above a lot of It Is conjecture and subjective amongst those who chose to Instil the marker upon a player.

For me though there's one consistency amongst legends, and this goes for those deemed legends at other clubs, Is the fact that they get the club and Its Identity. That they believe In the Importance of the fans and form a bond with them that transcends that of the average player and In turn their behaviour Is loyal to them, even when moving on. They will keep a special place In their hearts for the club and fans long after they have moved to another team and retired. Ultimately, they become part of the club. It might sound romantic but so Is bestowing legend status on someone.

It's a very strange one that doesn't follow any scientific pattern and on paper doesn't make sense.

Jimmy Abdou, limited player but would run through a wall, never gave up and loved his time with us and the fans. He epitomised a lot of what we want In a player and he's surely a modern legend.

Teddy Sheringham, the most successful player to have played at Millwall. A quality goal score who was part of the team that took us to the top division which we couldn't have done without him. Yet he went to West Ham and as the song goes 'now he's a cunt'.

I don't believe Morrison gives two fucks about us to be honest. Maybe that he even thinks that he was doing us a favour. I think the man was a proper mercenary (many If not most are and that's fine) but that ain't the way of a legend.

That's not to say we cant respect and appreciate all that he achieved with Wall and you don't have to be a legend to be admired and loved for what you did. But putting him up their In the pantheon Is for me a step to far.

It was a strange day but the players got a standing ovation from those around me at full time. I think Alan Dunne got the same when he got sent off, but might remember wrongly.
Quite correct on all aspects. You don't forget the important moments and emotions.

Spot on. I was proud to applaud the team (what were left on the pitch) at the final whistle. The cheating scumbag Brum striker zigich, got two of ours sent off diving and claiming life threatening injury. Never forget, never forgive.
that's why I get extra pleasure every time we turn Brum over!
The Ref swallowed everything, bent as a Nine Bob Note.
Hate fucking Birmingham

Haven’t read the entire thread so apologies if it’s already been mentioned, Romeo played the entire 90 minutes yesterday :unsure: