More financial perspective of being in Div 2.

Our friends down the road are £28 million down and losing £7 a year. The only question is will the theatre of delusion be turned into Flats or a housing estate?

It’s another example of how fortunate we are to be run in a sensible way by JB and co. We are in a stable position coming out of a pandemic and compared with some of the basket case clubs in the championship and elsewhere we’re in a great place.

To be sitting in the play offs at this point of the season is testament to the clubs approach of steady improvement and sensible recruitment. Food for thought for those demand multi million pound strikers every summer and a new manager whenever we don’t win for a couple of games.

I bumped into an old pal, the other day, who became quite a successful businessman.
Turns out he's on the board at the spotters. He was telling me how they have had some Germans and Canadians over recently to try to get some investment.
He said after a while of them looking at what they had presented them with, they stood up and said, basically you have nothing and are losing a fortune. Sorry there is nothing here for us.
He knows Kavanah and reckons he's a top bloke.
The yank is unbelievable as chairman go, and that we so lucky to have him. Loads of others would give their right arm to have him.

It’s another example of how fortunate we are to be run in a sensible way by JB and co. We are in a stable position coming out of a pandemic and compared with some of the basket case clubs in the championship and elsewhere we’re in a great place.

To be sitting in the play offs at this point of the season is testament to the clubs approach of steady improvement and sensible recruitment. Food for thought for those demand multi million pound strikers every summer and a new manager whenever we don’t win for a couple of games.
I said some time ago that JB being a yank and investor of futures will see us in good stead. Clubs around us are either, or already gambling everything they can or borrowing to reach the premier, it ain't working. You need a plan, infrastructure, steady heads and your own money, JB has all of that.

There's less of the yoyo clubs doing what they and parachute payments were invented for- going straight back up. Parachute payments are going to be reduced and restructured, that can only be a positive for us. I believe, that in the near future, we, little old Millwall will make it to the premier league.

Last edited:
I said some time ago that JB being a yank and investor of futures will see us in good stead. Clubs around us are either, or already gambling everything they can or borrowing to reach the premier, it ain't working. You need a plan, infrastructure, steady heads and your own money, JB has all of that.

There's less of the yoyo clubs doing what they and parachute payments were invented for- going straight back up. Parachute payments are going to be reduced and restructured, that can only be a positive for us. I believe, that in the near future, we, little old Millwall will make it to the premier league.

Yep I’ve been getting that feeling as well lately mate, it seems like things are falling into place for us. In some ways the thought of us going up worries me as in it could change the fabric of our club forever but to be honest football has been going that way for years so older bods like us will just have to accept it and embrace it I suppose.

Then again we are Millwall and just like we’ve seen many times before when it seems we’re on the cusp of greatness we fall flat on our face. We could very well be sitting here in a year or two moaning about us losing to Hartlepool while our esteemed neighbours* are challenging Man City for a champions league spot.

In some ways the thought of us going up worries me as in it could change the fabric of our club forever but to be honest football has been going that way for years so older bods like us will just have to accept it and embrace it I suppose.
Indeed, it will change regardless of what league we're in mate, you only have to look around on a matchday to see that. If we want success then getting more punters in the ground, club shop, etc is the way forward.

this they're not one of us don't carry much weight with me, nor does it make much sense. How do you become ' one of us '? Going to games would be a start! Many that use that comment moved away decades ago, being one of our community didn't matter to them then. A hipster from our manor will turn up with a mate, two match tickets and few scarfs plus a booze at half time is a tonne in the clubs pockey. That's just under a quarter of what i spend on a season ticket.

Then again we are Millwall and just like we’ve seen many times before when it seems we’re on the cusp of greatness we fall flat on our face. We could very well be sitting here in a year or two moaning about us losing to Hartlepool while our esteemed neighbours* are challenging Man City for a champions league spot.
I think that era is fading away, we really are a very well run club. Berylson learns as time goes on, he isn't one for having his fingers burnt twice. On top of that, like him or loathe him. Kavanah knows football and knows what's needed to push us on. A breath of fresh air since the days of Andy i'll ban you all Ambler.

Last edited:
Makes you wonder what happened to FFP ruiles and the sanctions for going over the threshold.
I think it is still 39m over a 3 year period and I havn't read that there were any allowances for Covid losses.
Although it's never quite that simple with a good accountant working their magic, they still might have time on their side to sell players to make up the difference.
It does make the outlook seem very grim for their fans, not getting relegated is their main aim for the next few seasons, our division getting more like the premier with the wealthy parachute payment lot at the top, the mid table bunch and then the poorer ones fighting it out at the bottom.