Millwall v Huddersfield Town match thread

Tired performance today, udders set up for a point and took their chance and got 3. Really needed a win today to keep some distance from the teams below us, teams at the bottom are fighting for anything they can get and they are always harder to play against. The break will do us good, but I think Rowett needs to give Esse and Watmore more game time, sorry, Saville and Homeyman not offering much.

What a surprise,no not really.
I know Fleming was given a rough ride but he was dogshit today.
Don’t think it was that Commander Flemming was dogshit, more so that Colin Wanker made sure his Huddersfield player kept with 007 all the time - giving him a little push here, and a little niggle there! You could see how frustrated the Dutchman was that his free flowing game was being restricted.

Thankfully, results around us went mostly in our favour, and we just have to hope that the International break allows our players to take a well earned rest, which will have them firing on all cylinders for the first game back against WBA!

Hopefully the only fools on the 1st of April will be Botox Boy and the rest of his team mates, as we do the double over them, and BB finally realises that missing out on a play off place has ended his dream of playing Premiershit football for another year! :wave:

#smallwall

Last edited:
We didn't play badly but there were a couple of players off the pace today, plus
they made it really hard for us. The way I saw it, It was just one of those games...
Possession Football is obviously not our game... :grinning:

It's been a mammoth few weeks with a lot of games which we've ended up landing into 6th place with three points to spare. A two week break will do the squad a world of difference and a chance to recharge the batteries.

Onwards and upwards.

They did a Millwall on us 🤷‍♂️

Danny badly at fault for the goal. All he needed to do was kick it out of play 🤦‍♂️. Poor game today and of late, think Shacks created more in the 10 minutes he was on than Danny did all game.

Watmore has got to start. Burke :shake:

Flemming also had a poor game.

GR missed some tricks today.

Huddersfield this season, 2 games, 0 goals and 0 points, typical Millwall 🤦‍♂️

Danny badly at fault for the goal. All he needed to do was kick it out of play 🤦‍♂️. Poor game today and of late, think Shacks created more in the 10 minutes he was on than Danny did all game.

Would agree with you about Watmore and Burke. IMO Burke has the pace but no real end product. He flatters to deceive most games!

There is a queue of shit referees for us. The FA will not allow us in the Premiership.
How do you explain a shit defended goal then?
This is nothing to do with refs - we simply wasn’t good enough today.

Play well and score goals and no one can stop us reaching the premiership.

There is a queue of shit referees for us. The FA will not allow us in the Premiership.
I couldn’t believe any of his decisions. Corners not given when it obviously was; fouls against us not given but powder puffs to them were. Half the time he wasn’t even looking at the play. As for not giving a foul against Murray on the edge of the box and they go up the other end and score - well!

We were victims of our recent victims. Had all the possession which works against our team sometimes. Felt we could have played it better through the middle but couldn’t unlock their defense. The sort of game that cried out for a decent strike partner for Bradshaw- it was too easy for their central defenders. Essie was class at times, inexperience forgiving, he really looked a threat.

oh well, same old- brush the team down and use that performance as a stick for the next game.

I couldn’t believe any of his decisions. Corners not given when it obviously was; fouls against us not given but powder puffs to them were. Half the time he wasn’t even looking at the play. As for not giving a foul against Murray on the edge of the box and they go up the other end and score - well!
Does make you wonder if teams like Burnley and Sheffield United have decisions like the one you mentioned go against them? You would hope not, being that refs are meant to be impartial, but who knows really if a ref can be impartial if he also happens to support a football club, and has an instant dislike for certain teams?

I mean, some of our previous teams have beaten some top sides in league and cup games over the years, and along with some of our supporters past (ahem) ‘indiscretions‘ (which the media often dig out to prove a point), it wouldn’t be a surprise if a football supporting ref who’s team had lost to Millwall, secretly hated us!

Always be suspicious of any ref that referees our game, who lives in East Ham! :grinning:

Yes the travel’s a bastard if you don’t see a win. Hope you enjoyed your trip today anyway mate.
Yeah, when you travel, a 0-1 defeat isn't what you want. Still, I've been drinking since midday and my flight back isn't until Monday morning so you have to look at the positives, eh? Plenty more pints tomorrow. It's been a good season and I'm still fairly sure we have the playoffs to come.
Enjoy your own trip South, Ibrox!

Thanks Ed, a great stream, only popped in a boozer and found it, battery was low so watched 2nd half at home ,cheers

I really rate Burke up till yesterday. Talent without direction. Then he chickened out on a 50/50 tackle. If that's the best he can do, especially in yesterday's situation, then he needs telling how it really is to wear the Millwall shirt, or 'on yer bike'. Compared to Watmore's performance, his contribution was poor.