Millwall v Cambridge United in the Cobblers Cup

Think we’d all agree that it’s best to be out of this Mickey Mouse cup ASAP, but if you’re gonna lose to any team, from any division, at least put in a performance!

Apparently, Cambridge only fielded 3 of their usual starting 11 last night, and their main keeper wasn’t even on the bench!

That could mean that their manager wasn’t bothered about progressing to the next round, or that he believed his team had nothing to fear from playing us - or it might have been a mixture of the two! The upshot was that our players didn’t fight hard enough to get a draw, and take the game to penalties!

Hopefully the team will be back to its roaring best for Saturday’s game at Sheffield! Anything less, and the Blades could end up putting us to the sword!
:sorry:

Think we’d all agree that it’s best to be out of this Mickey Mouse cup ASAP, but if you’re gonna lose to any team, from any division, at least put in a performance!

Apparently, Cambridge only fielded 3 of their usual starting 11 last night, and their main keeper wasn’t even on the bench!

That could mean that their manager wasn’t bothered about progressing to the next round, or that he believed his team had nothing to fear from playing us - or it might have been a mixture of the two! The upshot was that our players didn’t fight hard enough to get a draw, and take the game to penalties!

Hopefully the team will be back to its roaring best for Saturday’s game at Sheffield! Anything less, and the Blades could end up putting us to the sword!

Cambridge rotated their squad? Now I'm even more pissed off.

(You'd think, being a 47 year old man, that by now I'd be able to shake off a defeat and not be monumentally pissed off by it. Well, it turns out I fucking can't)
Know what you mean!

I can remember coming home from both of the Dens with my old man, and he’d be so upset if we had lost, that he couldn’t eat his dinner that evening!

I was upset too, but back then, as a youngster/teenager, I loved my grub too much to go on any kind of hunger strike! :grinning:

When my dad died in 1995, he weighed 4 stone! 🤣

No way. unnessasary professional foul that was guaranteed to get a yellow. Once a player is away from you, running into the back of them and bringing them down is stupid. Double stupid if you are already on a card. Put it down to experience and dont do it again.
But a bit of retaliation for not getting the foul. No excuse though but we’re all human.

Know what you mean!

I can remember coming home from both of the Dens with my old man, and he’d be so upset if we had lost, that he couldn’t eat his dinner that evening!

I was upset too, but back then, as a youngster/teenager, I loved my grub too much to go on any kind of hunger strike! :grinning:

When my dad died in 1995, he weighed 4 stone! 🤣

That is scarily like my dad. He used to come home, not eat his dinner and then not really be able to sleep. My mum used to think he was mad.

I can’t have it mate, most of my best Millwall memories were meaningless cup games Berry’s brace away to Forest anyone? Or the game against Brighton at Gillingham? I can’t even remember the result but we were there in force just like last night.
I bet people were saying the same when we played Walsall in the third round in 2004 & don’t forget we were in with a chance of promotion to the premiership as well that season. I like the Cup, any bloody Cup will do. If GR doesn’t agree then f*** him. If the premiership teams don’t want to take cup games seriously then it’s up to them but for teams like us why put all your eggs in one basket? Games like the pitch invasion at wet spam stay in the memory, don’t tell me the League Cup (in whatever guise) is a shit competition, it’s been part of football culture since the sixties.

I can’t have it mate, most of my best Millwall memories were meaningless cup games Berry’s brace away to Forest anyone? Or the game against Brighton at Gillingham? I can’t even remember the result but we were there in force just like last night.
I bet people were saying the same when we played Walsall in the third round in 2004 & don’t forget we were in with a chance of promotion to the premiership as well that season. I like the Cup, any bloody Cup will do. If GR doesn’t agree then f*** him. If the premiership teams don’t want to take cup games seriously then it’s up to them but for teams like us why put all your eggs in one basket? Games like the pitch invasion at wet spam stay in the memory, don’t tell me the League Cup (in whatever guise) is a shit competition, it’s been part of football culture since the sixties.
greg berry(2 goals) was even shocked that night he was shit but sane as you i will remember him for that game ..... how about Everton that was a great night

spot on. Always loved the cups, all of them. And had some of my best Millwall moments at cup games

greg berry(2 goals) was even shocked that night he was shit but sane as you i will remember him for that game ..... how about Everton that was a great night

Greg Berry. Fucking hell. That was literally the only thing he did for us. I remember watching him warm up as a sub when we played Bristol City and he spent more time chatting up a St. John Ambulance woman than he did stretching.

"Manager Gary Rowett has voiced his concerns over the regularity of games so early in the season, but by exiting the Carabao Cup, the Lions will have eight days to rest between their trip to Norwich City and their home match against Reading."

So it's all part of a long-term cunning plan?

Agreed. Would have been handy for players not in the first team to get a run out plus, we should never ever treat a cup game with distain. The main reason for me is simple- West fucking ham- that's one less chance of getting those cunts this season.

Last edited: