Millwall v Cambridge United in the Cobblers Cup

silverlion

Staff member
For whatever reason we have opted to play our game tomorrow whereas most clubs are not playing until next week. I cannot see whether it is being televised, is on MTV or on the Sky red button. It is definitely in low key mode on the OS and I wonder whether GR sees it similarly. After Saturday‘s demolition of the Potters I think that most of the squad can’t wait to get their boots on again or hope they get their chance to start and not keep the bench warm.
I assume that Long will get chance to wear the gloves and be our cup keeper. He is more than capable of filling Bart’s shoes and he is hoping to prove it tomorrow. Danny should be out to prove that his head is in the right place and he should start. Hutch may be fit but he has a more than able deputy in Cresswell who will be out to impress. Cooper and Murray should make up the back three but will GR be tempted to start Muller and play Murray at LB? It’s a tough call.
Billy, Honeyman and Shack would be keen to start again but I think he may play Flem as a ten and give Honeyman the night off. Or even give Sav a start.
Up front Benik would be keen to start alongside Bradshaw but maybe Bennett might get the nod? Or even Burey. We do have options so GR should not be afraid to ring the changes.

My thoughts are,

Long
Danny Cresswell Cooper Murray Molly
Billy Sav Flem
Benik Bennett

Subs Bart Leonard Hutch Honeyman Shack Burey Bradshaw

Would give Saturdays subs a run out and put a few under 23's on the bench for some experience, if that's possible. Plenty of experienced options from the bence if we need them. Would start Flemming to give him a chance to get off the mark and into good habits. Should be a good team spirit building after Saturday, they'll want to continue that.

Robbo

I don't believe the powers that be want that fixture, i'd be shocked if we ever get drawn away to the Rats. We'd have to win this league by 30 odd points and a few court cases to get there for a league game.

Would give Saturdays subs a run out and put a few under 23's on the bench for some experience, if that's possible. Plenty of experienced options from the bence if we need them. Would start Flemming to give him a chance to get off the mark and into good habits. Should be a good team spirit building after Saturday, they'll want to continue that.

Robbo

I don't believe the powers that be want that fixture, i'd be shocked if we ever get drawn away to the Rats. We'd have to win this league by 30 odd points and a few court cases to get there for a league game.

I just want to play them at that shit ground even if it's only once. Are you suggesting that Cup draws are possibly gerrymandered to stop us playing them? Because I fucking do!!

I remember us winning the Evening Standard 5-a-side Cup and my Dad celebrating like it was the European Cup!!!!

What was the name of that kid who single-handedly won us that Evening Standard Cup? I've tried googling it but I'm drawing a blank. I keep thinking his name was Trevor or Roger.