Millwall 1 Grimsby 6

Having no long term memory does have it's advantages, I'm amazed of what people recall from the past.
I have reached the stage when my old pal Danny (30 year older) thought every player in the team was Bobby Hunt making a fck up and we used to correct him and he would say it was the type of thing Bobby would have done,

I wouldn't have seen this game had it been played on the original date, the previous Saturday. With work and a young family I couldn't always get to a match. But I do recall this encounter fairly well, and was amazed we went one up at half-time. Grimsby should been out of sight by then and the six they scored, added to those chances missed previously Millwall could have been on the end of the heaviest defeat in their history. I don't think I'd be exaggerating in saying Grimsby could have round dozen goals that night.

Last edited:
Remember a few years back, Tuesday night maybe around 2008 I'd guess, when we had Orient at home? We were 3 down in under 20 minutes as I remember it. I think we lost 5-1 or similar in the end. This game came up in conversation with a mate a few weeks back, because he'd got into the ground a wee bit late having been held up, only to find we were already 3 nil down!

They put former England International Trevor Whymark on Andy Massey at right back in the second half...and the result speaks for itself

Remember a few years back, Tuesday night maybe around 2008 I'd guess, when we had Orient at home? We were 3 down in under 20 minutes as I remember it. I think we lost 5-1 or similar in the end. This game came up in conversation with a mate a few weeks back, because he'd got into the ground a wee bit late having been held up, only to find we were already 3 nil down!
Lenny Pidgeley Ha Ha

From memory were we 1-0 up at half time? I remember seeing a friend at half time and saying Grimsby could have had 10 by then!

I remember this game, we were div 3, them 2. As a teenager at half time thought we were on for a cup shock as we were shit. Then Massey got raped 2nd half and that was that. Watched it by the clock so had a similar view to the video. The days where you could walk from one end to the other ….,