Matt Smith

I think we only paid 400k for him, so he doesn't really owe us anything.
I'm not saying he does. I was more thinking the cost to benefit ratio of getting rid of him.

Peckham eluded to his 15 grand a week wage. That 360 grand roughly before he goes. Would we get much more than 100 grand for him? Going by what he's played so far and his lack of movement or stamina and the fact we don't play to his strengths It would be wise to cash In where In theory we will be 460 grand up (depending on his fee).

However It would leave us with two up top and we now play these two together as a partnership, It would leave us shorter for options then we are at the moment. In that respect, unless the manager Is prepared to promote a youngster or has a transfer target lined up of better ability, Is that money better than having a third striker for the next 6 months?

If he does go which is likely then a good value replacement would be Stockley from Charlton and it would piss their fans off too. More mobile than Smith and puts it about a bit.

if we can get him off the wage bill now it makes sense.

Rowett only plays him for 5 mins a match.
We are neither aiming for the playoffs or getting relegated this season.
Being short of strikers does not matter really as we can just stick a tall defender up front for 5 mins a match and then not bother crossing it to him either.

GR says on NAD that he is aware of talk about Smith going to Wigan but he knows no more than that. Could be true then!

I’d like us to keep him as he adds something different especially with 20-30 mins to go (and with 2 wingers on the pitch). But he’s too expensive to keep on the books if he only gets played for 5 mins every now and then.

I’d like us to keep him as he adds something different especially with 20-30 mins to go (and with 2 wingers on the pitch). But he’s too expensive to keep on the books if he only gets played for 5 mins every now and then.
I agree, but how often does he get anything more than 10 minutes and then we've usually taken of the ammunition supply and have resulted to desperate long balls in his general direction

I agree, but how often does he get anything more than 10 minutes and then we've usually taken of the ammunition supply and have resulted to desperate long balls in his general direction
Yep - I reckon he’ll go. His agent must be pushing him to move as he hardly ever features.