Matt Smith

Ilderton Wanderer

Looks like he might be heading out the door according to Jordan Cross the chief sports writer for the Portsmouth news. He’s reporting that although Pompey want Smith he could be heading to Wigan instead as Smith’s missus hails from Manchester and they are looking for a move up north.

He’s another one out of contract in the summer so is it worth getting something for him now or letting him go for nothing in a few months time?

He’s another one out of contract in the summer so is it worth getting something for him now or letting him go for nothing in a few months time?
I suppose if we can get him off the wage bill and free up a place for a loan or permanent now it will suit both us and him. I doubt he'll get many minutes on the pitch anyway.

Looks like he might be heading out the door according to Jordan Cross the chief sports writer for the Portsmouth news. He’s reporting that although Pompey want Smith he could be heading to Wigan instead as Smith’s missus hails from Manchester and they are looking for a move up north.

Yes and no. He can't be worth much so how much would we get for him do you think?

We don't have many options up top. Bod does not count so It leaves us with Bradshaw and Afobe as I'm not sure you can count Bennett as a striker In that sense.

So even though a fee Is better than no fee In theory, would the fee we receive off set our lack of options In his position and any problems that might arise from that?

I can't see him doing much this season but he Is still a different option to have If the way we need to play changes during the game. Especially when we have so few as It Is.

Unless someone is coming in this is another shit move. We will get fk all for him so why wouldnt we keep him until end of season.

Good player, who is used as a target man to hit long balls to, but that's not his game, done well for us with what little service he got, I would be looking for a move if I was him.

In my opinion Smith, Fergie and Mahoney have all been treated badly. Smith deserved much more than 3-5 mins at the end of games when we are losing.
Would like to see him team up with Fergie at Rotherham where he’d get some decent crosses coming his way. He‘s better off away from Rowett.
Aren’t we all?

Some good games and goals from Smith, i never appreciated him when he was up top on his own that much but his Forest hatrick and header against Charlton were some great memories.
Only a bit part player though under GR so best of leaving.

All of this talk, provided it comes to pass, means we must be looking at getting another striker in.