Match thread Sunderland v Millwall

Long not for me not brave enough. Bart has never let us down and is a better shot stopper. Should never have been dropped.

Can't remember the last time we won up there, once the the 2nd went in I decided to make my way down to the wine festival in the village, the best antidote.

Good first half and dominated the game but didn't take our chances. Poor 2nd half didn't really turn up. Cresswell poor touch lead to their first goal. Long again at fault for the 2nd. I think Bart and Hutch now he's fit should come back in for the Wigan game.

Long is only in the team for his kicking, he ain't in Barts league in any other department, yes he can kick it miles but when we only have one up front whose 5 foot 9 it's a fucking waste.
Never been impressed with Cresswell, the odd goal can't hide the fact he's fuck ups have cost us at least 6-7 goals!!
Why do our players seem to tackle with the 'Wrong' leg!!
Bart and Hutch must come back in next week.

Can't remember the last time we won up there, once the the 2nd went in I decided to make my way down to the wine festival in the village, the best antidote.
Recall as it was the last time i was there for a game
2003 1 0 Was that Noel Whelan who scored it, bit of a scrambled one as i recall

You are right though our record New place and more the old Place Roker is shocking tbf
Up there with our Norwich away Jinx , over half century since we won at that place League and Cup
Mind used to be Birmingham as well but recent years got that monkey off our backs,

Mind ref to Sunderland we did win the big one that mattered, Away, sort of

:grinning:

Last edited:
Long is only in the team for his kicking, he ain't in Barts league in any other department, yes he can kick it miles but when we only have one up front whose 5 foot 9 it's a fucking waste.
Never been impressed with Cresswell, the odd goal can't hide the fact he's fuck ups have cost us at least 6-7 goals!!
Why do our players seem to tackle with the 'Wrong' leg!!
Bart and Hutch must come back in next week.
ha have you had a peep at big bad Dans channel and his comments
Not looked on their for a long long time tbh after some things i heard about him but nephew had it on
Deft Not happy with the two you have mentioned

For me way over the top but each to their own

*Needs to fuck off back to Leeds sharpo* was one sorry but when youngsters watch this type of content not a good look

Very disappointing performance and inevitable result. Mowbray is too clever for Rowett. We were way too casual and missed what opportunities we did create. Some strange team selections not helping. You have to feel for those who made the crazy journey only to watch us give such a flat performance. We know how good Flemming can be, but would you pick him for the next match? Or Cresswell? Seville has one great foot,so why does he consistently move to his right which forces him sideways or back. So frustrating, so Millwall!
I have to disagree that overall it was flat performance. The first half was very good. The second half was like Rowett had given them a couple of beers each at half time. From the off we looked laboured and seem to be sitting back. It was a woeful second half and for me, highlighted some of our weak links when the chips are down.
A very unMillwall like 45 minutes.

Hoping it was just a blip.

One thing I couldn’t understand was why did the players play deep in the 2nd half? 1st half we pressed well and Sunderland couldn’t handle us, so logic would have dictated that we’d start and play the 2nd half the same way!

Did the players collectively agree, as they walked down the tunnel to start the 2nd half, to now sit back and let Sunderland come on to us? Can’t be having that! I also can’t believe GR would have told them to sit back either!

Remember seeing a shot of 007 urging his fellow team mates to get further up the field, but he got no takers! The players and manager must have known Sunderland would give it more of a go in that 2nd half, so why not at least try to match them?

One thing I couldn’t understand was why did the players play deep in the 2nd half? 1st half we pressed well and Sunderland couldn’t handle us, so logic would have dictated that we’d start and play the 2nd half the same way!

Did the players collectively agree, as they walked down the tunnel to start the 2nd half, to now sit back and let Sunderland come on to us? Can’t be having that! I also can’t believe GR would have told them to sit back either!

Remember seeing a shot of 007 urging his fellow team mates to get further up the field, but he got no takers! The players and manager must have known Sunderland would give it more of a go in that 2nd half, so why not at least try to match them?
they had a few good players in their final third and because we couldn't get ahead in teh first half, thsoe couple of players were teh difference. as said, if we would have taken teh lead, we would have been far mroe organised and probably won it.