Match Thread Sheffield United v Millwall

It’s going to take a good 10 games for this team to gel and new players to find their feet, get used to new formations and get some momentum. The results at the start of the season are never usually how the season pans out, look at Norwich’s first 2 games but they will be in the top 6.
Think we missed the combative nature of Honeyman today, and had Bradshaw been playing he might have nicked a goal early on in the 2nd half, and a comeback might have been on the cards!

Its such a pity that Flemming hasn’t been able to start this season yet. We all thought he was going to need 10 games or so, to bed in to English football, but the injury he has is gonna keep him out of the side for 2-3 weeks, so 10 weeks now becomes 13 weeks to see what the Dutchman can actually do!

We also have Leonard out injured, so I doubt we’ll have a full squad back to choose from, until at least the away trips to Swansea and Norwich, which would be great, because we have struggled against these two teams in recent times, and think the minimum required points we need to keep up with the pack will be 4 points!

Early days yet, with new lads settling in, and against a stronger home side.
Hate to say it, but credit where credit is due, Sheffield's defenders shut down any decent moves we made.
Today would have been a good day to have an effective and clinical finisher, who was getting accurate passes into their box. May have made all the difference, but we move on.
Pity about the yellow card Rocky MacNamara picked up towards the end, but it was the only time I smiled in the 90 minutes. COYL.

Surprised Mark and he's six finger Nan hasn't been along yet to have a moan up and slag the team off. He must be trying to fix her hip after all that Dogging.

It’s going to take a good 10 games for this team to gel and new players to find their feet, get used to new formations and get some momentum. The results at the start of the season are never usually how the season pans out, look at Norwich’s first 2 games but they will be in the top 6.
Shawmi it’s not so much about gelling and more about defending. Fucking school boy defending including the pen. Murray got done and mucked off by a little squirt and Cresswell must have been tapped up by Leeds to give that away.

Shawmi it’s not so much about gelling and more about defending. Fucking school boy defending including the pen. Murray got done and mucked off by a little squirt and Cresswell must have been tapped up by Leeds to give that away.
I think we are feeling how Stoke fans did last week with their performance, we are going to have these every team will, but yeah I get the school boy defending, For me Cooper at times just seems uncomfortable and makes me nervous!!

As for cunting off Cress, 19 year old kid who everyone raved about last week, has a shaky 45 minutes and is now shit?

Fucking hell it's like some of you have never been through a whole game, let alone season with Millwall
He got the plaudits when he was good, and has to take the negatives when he is bad, same goes for any player.

Surprised Mark and he's six finger Nan hasn't been along yet to have a moan up and slag the team off. He must be trying to fix her hip after all that Dogging.
Didn’t watch or listen boy up from London so family day out in naaarich having a drink in the sun

Fucking joke of a performance this, play to the fucking whistle moaning about being pushed or tackled. Get the fuck into em. Saville the only one who can hold his head up first half.
I agree, he kept going. In one move he chased their player 40-50 yards and no one from defence came to help.

I think we are feeling how Stoke fans did last week with their performance, we are going to have these every team will, but yeah I get the school boy defending, For me Cooper at times just seems uncomfortable and makes me nervous!!
The take-out positives are that without two defensive errors and Honeyman & Bradshaw playing we may have nicked a win.

He got the plaudits when he was good, and has to take the negatives when he is bad, same goes for any player.
Seriously mate, you think it's OK to cunt off a 19 year old 30 minutes into his second game? No wonder players don't want to come here.

For what it's worth I also thought the reaction to him last week was a joke. Give the kid till Christmas then we might have a clue. Bods calling for him to be subbed after one mistake is fucking embarrassing

Seriously mate, you think it's OK to cunt off a 19 year old 30 minutes into his second game? No wonder players don't want to come here.

For what it's worth I also thought the reaction to him last week was a joke. Give the kid till Christmas then we might have a clue. Bods calling for him to be subbed after one mistake is fucking embarrassing
No not to cunt him off, that is stupid, but he like any other player, young or old have to take the rough with the smooth,
Any right minded person will look back on the comment they made and will know they was wrong, all said in the heat of the moment, we all get pissed off when we go 1 or 2 down.

Not got enough off the bench to make a difference in games.

I have been saying continuously, we have a lighter squad than we did last season. We need to sort that out, ever more evident now.

Terrible first half, much better second half. First goal could have been a foul but we had two players going for the same ball and it was very avoidable. Second goal was a gift.

We badly missed Honeyman and it was the sort of game that Flemming would be good for us in as he has that bit of class that can change a game in an instant. They are a very good side and will be right up there I reckon but we were really poor. Have to dust ourselves down, move on and respond in our next game.