Match thread Millwall vDerby KO 3pm

Saville is the problem in this team not the formation. He offers nothing and goes wandering always leaving us a man short in midfield. Our retention of the ball is terrible and movement in the first half non existent.

GR can’t be blamed for that first half performance or the overall result. Far too many misplaced passes and bad final touches.

Take a bow Billy Mitchell, played well today son and was the only player on the pitch putting his foot on the ball.

Tom Bradshaw did well when he came on and Leonard is wasted at right back. Coopers positioning is terrible when Hutch isn’t playing.

Fair play to Derby with 10 men, but this game was lost in the first half through woeful passing.

Could have won that convincingly, shots off target plenty, apart from Malone’s strike once again. Only 3 on target tells us why we did not win.
Thought Jed was a bit more a team player today though.
I thought Jed was awful 😞

How many times did he fail to feed the overlapping player, especially when they went down to 10 men?

Several of Derby’s most promising moves started with Jed giving away the ball unnecessarily and exposing his teammates in the middle of the park 🤦‍♂️

His goals and assists statistics are often thrown around but I’d love to know what his pass and dribble success figures are. I bet very low!

I think he’s a nightmare and the sooner he leaves the better!

Jed was our MOM today by a mile Purle even though he did lose
the ball a few times
I think we’ll have to agree to disagree on this one 😔

Thought Ballard was excellent and it was good to see Billy adjusting to Championship football. Leonard did well again. Saville was awful and I think Afobe flatters to deceive 👎

After digesting it & walking away from being frustrated, heres my thoughts.

Cooper needs a kick up the ars & benched. We can cope no problem with Danny, Hutch, Ballard & Wallace/Molly at the back.

Saville still needs to fuck right off. He aint worth a carrot.
Leonard 100% in the middle next to Mitchell, Jed out on the flank as he caused many problems today knocking balls in! Its down the forwards then to do their bit.
Ojo, Id fuck him off as well. Bring Mahoney back, stick an arm around him & tell him he his the best crosser in the division. Boost him!

Bradshaw needs to start more games, Bennett still not a 90 min player so use him as an impact sub along with Smith.
Afobe run alot, but offered very little.

We need to find & stick to a winning team & get over this first half playing shit.
Its gonna be our downfall otherwise more than it is now

Hugely disappointed.
Consistently inconsistent.
GR needs to stop chopping and changing, especially in attack. Bradshaw gets a brace then doesn’t start.
Bart
Danny, Ballard, Hutch, Molly
Jed, Leonard, Billy, Mahoney
Bradshaw, Bennett.
Injuries permitting, get a settled team and go from there and who knows what we could do.
So fucking frustrating.
Move on again I suppose.

I thought Jed was awful 😞

How many times did he fail to feed the overlapping player, especially when they went down to 10 men?

Several of Derby’s most promising moves started with Jed giving away the ball unnecessarily and exposing his teammates in the middle of the park 🤦‍♂️

His goals and assists statistics are often thrown around but I’d love to know what his pass and dribble success figures are. I bet very low!

I think he’s a nightmare and the sooner he leaves the better!
He puts more pressure on our defence than the opponents, you are right

Saville is the problem in this team not the formation. He offers nothing and goes wandering always leaving us a man short in midfield. Our retention of the ball is terrible and movement in the first half non existent.

GR can’t be blamed for that first half performance or the overall result. Far too many misplaced passes and bad final touches.

Take a bow Billy Mitchell, played well today son and was the only player on the pitch putting his foot on the ball.

Tom Bradshaw did well when he came on and Leonard is wasted at right back. Coopers positioning is terrible when Hutch isn’t playing.

Fair play to Derby with 10 men, but this game was lost in the first half through woeful passing.
Saville seems to be unfit. About a minute after the woeful effort, running back he collapsed on the ground, nobody else around him. Just after 75th. If you don't have an engine to play cm for 90 minutes then you shouldn't be playing. Billy Mitchell :clap:

Disorganised, no pattern to our play. Need to play extra midfielder as we were overrun there. Again. Cooper and saville need dropped.

ps there was the craziest bloke in block 3. Batshit crazy.

Was any reason given?

Has JB been alerted?

Would love to see Warnock manage us! He’d give us the kick, bollock and bite we’ve been missing!
Once upon a time I would have (and believe most) would have welcomed him with open arms.

Hes past his sell by date now. I reckon he would have been the perfect fit for us once though.

Bart saved from a defeat. He is our most consistent player.

Cooper needs to sort himself out.

Murray, Ballard, Mitchell and Leonard all had a decent game.

Ojo is never good and needs to go.

Malone was lively all game and gets MOM from me.

Why? He's done fuck all at Boro...
He's just another has-been, old school manager who's devoid of anything enthusiastic to watch. He would be exactly the same as GR: caution first.

It wouldn't be long before you renamed him, Neil Drawnock...**
:grinning:
You’re absolutely right that he’s an old school manager, but he would at least have given the players the hair dryer treatment if he felt they weren’t giving their all.

Also, sometimes a manager will go to another club and do better than the club he’s just left!

Well, that’s my excuse! 🤣

I also think we’d get less draws if he was our manager, so maybe he’d be called Neil Winnock!

Movement, especially in that 1st half, was non existent!

How many times, whether it was this game, or in previous matches, do the players anticipate what their team mates are doing? Hardly ever! Balls are floated into the box, and there isn’t a man running on to receive it, so the move just breaks down! Or balls from corners or free kicks are hit to the back post, but there’s no one there to either knock the ball down, or to head it into goal!

We used to be the set piece goal scorers, and we were feared for having that reputation, but not any more, it seems!

What is Barrett drilling into those players on the training field? Is Rowett even there to watch it, because the whole set up is extremely poor and doesn’t work!

Saville should have been hooked off a lot earlier,
Agree, he's a passenger right now and starts blowing out of his aris after 60 minutes. Keep thinking and hoping during games that he'll start to show something of his old self, now i'm not so sure he will or even can, shame if that's the case.

I really cant have a go at ojo today, he was placed right on the corner flag and only got the ball once (that I remember) and with Malone playing so high up also, it seemed a waste of a sub to me.

Saville has not been the same player from when he was here the first time, I would like to see him play a few games in a real 4-4-2

Best team we have in a 4-4-2
Bart
Danny Hutch Cooper M.Wallace
Jed Saville Mitchell Mahoney
Smith Bradshaw

Malone can't defend
Ballard (if he can play left CB) swap for cooper
If Mahoney don't play, swap Smith for Bennett and ojo for Mahoney

if we play 5-2-3
Danny Ballard Hutch Wallace Malone
Leonard Mitchell
Jed Bradshaw Bennett

Agree, he's a passenger right now and starts blowing out of his aris after 60 minutes. Keep thinking and hoping during games that he'll start to show something of his old self, now i'm not so sure he will or even can, shame if that's the case.
I just typed a message about him, would like to see a few games in a real 4-4-2