Match thread Millwall v West brom

I’m thinking more in terms of what to do when we haven’t got the ball!🤷‍♂️
I'm finding this strange as well, everyone else works hard off the ball and is part of the team ethic, certainly the one thing that I thought would of been drummed into him by now, he might not be able to tackle but just giving the opposition less time on the ball helps.

I'm finding this strange as well, everyone else works hard off the ball and is part of the team ethic, certainly the one thing that I thought would of been drummed into him by now, he might not be able to tackle but just giving the opposition less time on the ball helps.
I can’t remember him winning a tackle in any game I’ve seen him play in and, as you say, he should at least be closing opponents down.

With his speed he should be able to put opponents under pressure simply by chasing them but, without the ball, he looks casual, disinterested and, dare I say, lazy 🤷‍♂️

I accept he can be threatening going forward but with us still, more often than not, having less possession every player in the team has to work their socks off to make life as difficult as possible for the opposition.

He is only young, it will come with time. He certainly gives the opposition something different to think about when he comes on.

Don't know if you see it, on the final whistle Malone lay down face in the grass. He left everything out on that pitch, made me feel proud. Great battle with him and botox boy, malone gavas as good as he got and never backed down.
Yeah Peckham, first thing I noticed at the end.
Malone done well again yesterday.
But I think everyone is putting in a proper shift and it’s starting to reflect in the results.
As a few (only a few ) on here were saying it will click when the new players settle in and GR eventually finds the right blend and formation in the right moment. Not an easy thing but that’s what he’s paid to do and he’s now doing it very well at the moment.
His substitutions have been spot on recently and definitely helps with the depth of the squad he has put together. We should be grateful he’s our manager and now everyone can get behind him. Funny how many go missing when there’s fuck all to moan about.
We had a tough start with the fixtures especially away, a look at the table doesn’t lie.
To be honest I started to worry after the QP haha game which left me feeling very pissed off. But since then bar the Blackburn game which we could easily have got a result we have done brilliant.
I thought the Wallace factor was massive yesterday, he made it all about him again and he contributed massively to us winning the game as some have said so thanks for that Wallace.
Just a shit Tyler Burey 🤣🤣🤣🤣

He is only young, it will come with time. He certainly gives the opposition something different to think about when he comes on.
At the moment when Burey chases back he gives the impression he is keeping the opponent company rather than physically challenging them. The lad will improve, needs more upper body strength to compete with the physical challenge.
For me when he has the ball and he’s going forward at pace he’s still the only player we have that gets people out of their seat and good things might happen.
Need to be patient with him , he is still a rough diamond in the making.

Yeah Peckham, first thing I noticed at the end.
Malone done well again yesterday.
But I think everyone is putting in a proper shift and it’s starting to reflect in the results.
As a few (only a few ) on here were saying it will click when the new players settle in and GR eventually finds the right blend and formation in the right moment. Not an easy thing but that’s what he’s paid to do and he’s now doing it very well at the moment.
His substitutions have been spot on recently and definitely helps with the depth of the squad he has put together. We should be grateful he’s our manager and now everyone can get behind him. Funny how many go missing when there’s fuck all to moan about.
We had a tough start with the fixtures especially away, a look at the table doesn’t lie.
To be honest I started to worry after the QP haha game which left me feeling very pissed off. But since then bar the Blackburn game which we could easily have got a result we have done brilliant.
I thought the Wallace factor was massive yesterday, he made it all about him again and he contributed massively to us winning the game as some have said so thanks for that Wallace.
Just a shit Tyler Burey 🤣🤣🤣🤣
64 it is lovely watching it all come in to place, and your right, the doom merchants are very quite. However, reading through these posts, there are still some who are just looking for the negatives. 5th in the league, 4 points off the top and they are still not happy............ sometimes, some people, I just don’t get

Cresswell had really nothing to do, and it was his pass to Afobe that eventually led to the winner.
Once again today, no weak links. EVERYBODY played a part. A true team performance.
I still dont trust Malone at left back, we may all see the game now with rose tinted glasses, but his bottling out of a tackle led to Jeds cross and their goal. I have never seen a defender pull out of so many tackles and bottle it as many times as he does...

I can’t remember him winning a tackle in any game I’ve seen him play in and, as you say, he should at least be closing opponents down.

With his speed he should be able to put opponents under pressure simply by chasing them but, without the ball, he looks casual, disinterested and, dare I say, lazy 🤷‍♂️

I accept he can be threatening going forward but with us still, more often than not, having less possession every player in the team has to work their socks off to make life as difficult as possible for the opposition.
The reason he doesn't start or shouldn't start goals, no one is doubting he has something going fwd, but in this league there has to be more to your game, hopefully he will learn, or spend a long time on the subs bench

If we started the season with the team tha played yesterday i reckon we'd have fewer losses, was always going to take time for the management to get the right blend and for those chosen to get a rhythm going. As we're all aware, this league is a bit nutty and teams have good and bad runs of form. You only have to see where Norwich and Sheffield now sit in the table for proof, Reading were top ( i think) we're above them now, same for Norwich!

Last edited:
This is no time to enjoy the moment, to smell the roses.
To enjoy 4 out of 4, to enjoy being in the play off's
To enjoy the best team we have had in years,
Lets all look for the negatives, more misery i say ............

G R out
Harris out
Jacket out
Sack the board
Take the O K R off the Monopoly board
Do the windows at Pursers
Docherty out
Graham out
Magee out
J B out
Sack the peanut seller
Burn the bus

just saying ................

I still dont trust Malone at left back, we may all see the game now with rose tinted glasses, but his bottling out of a tackle led to Jeds cross and their goal. I have never seen a defender pull out of so many tackles and bottle it as many times as he does...
Said the same when it happened, he bottled a challenge near the halfway line which resulted in their goal.

I'd normally agree with Malone statement as he does worry me at LB, for me he is more of a LM.
However, yesterday he played well. Malone had no right to win the ball at the half way line for their goal, it wasn't really near him to produce a 1st tackle, but it went past him and he turned back and produced a sliding tackle which I believe he won. The ball was still a little loose which Shacks was on top of and unfortunately Shacks was a little weak in the area and let Jed win the ball from his toes, and the rest is history.

I saw Malone win a tackle yesterday through sheer determination, which is unlike him. He was beat (maybe by jed?) Near the touchline by the dugout, I looked at malone and he knew he was beat.. but what I saw from him directly after he was beat was nothing short of what we ask for as a commitment wearing the shirt... he grit his teeth, dug deep, ran his socks off back and produced a sublime sliding tackle from behind, came out with the ball and played a successful forward pass. Personally I had no issue with Malones performance yesterday, and if he plays like that every week then we shouldn't be moaning too much about him anymore.

I'd normally agree with Malone statement as he does worry me at LB, for me he is more of a LM.
However, yesterday he played well. Malone had no right to win the ball at the half way line for their goal, it wasn't really near him to produce a 1st tackle, but it went past him and he turned back and produced a sliding tackle which I believe he won. The ball was still a little loose which Shacks was on top of and unfortunately Shacks was a little weak in the area and let Jed win the ball from his toes, and the rest is history.

I saw Malone win a tackle yesterday through sheer determination, which is unlike him. He was beat (maybe by jed?) Near the touchline by the dugout, I looked at malone and he knew he was beat.. but what I saw from him directly after he was beat was nothing short of what we ask for as a commitment wearing the shirt... he grit his teeth, dug deep, ran his socks off back and produced a sublime sliding tackle from behind, came out with the ball and played a successful forward pass. Personally I had no issue with Malones performance yesterday, and if he plays like that every week then we shouldn't be moaning too much about him anymore.
He’s always divided opinion even when he was first with us all those years ago. I’ve always thought he offered a lot going forward, his assists and dead ball work is good too. I thought yesterday that he would be the best to deal with Jed as he has worked with him for a long time, knows his tricks and has a tad more speed than Murray. Agree he should be in midfield though. He slogged his guts out yesterday and showed he was well up for it and did a great job.

G R out
Harris out
Jacket out
Sack the board
Docherty out
Graham out
Magee out
J B out
Sack the peanut seller
Burn the bus

You forgot lumping the man in the car park.

G R out
Harris out
Jacket out
Sack the board
Docherty out
Graham out
Magee out
J B out
Sack the peanut seller
Burn the bus

Great stuff :grinning:

If we started the seasom with the team tha played yesterday i reckon we'd have fewer losses, eas always going to take time for the management to get the right blend and for those chosen to get a rhythm going. As we're all aware, this league is a bit nutty and teams have good and bad runs of form. You only have to see where Norwich and Sheffield now sit in the table for proof, Reading were top ( i think) we're above them now, same for Norwich!
Apparently we were lucky! 😉😂😂

Staff online

Members online