Match Thread Millwall v Notts Forest KO 3pm

Smith only works if we losing and we can plant the ball on his nut, Rowett was never going to send him on whilst a point was up for grabs.
That's a sad and disappointing truth. Rowett won't make attacking substitutions if we're only drawing, or indeed winning by only 1 goal. That in itself is a sign of weakness in the manager and an outstanding lack of believe in the team.

No wonder Jed wants to leave

This, the problem as I saw it today and most of the season exactly.

We really don’t have the quality in the squad so
most of our players are putting a lot of effort from the kick off, just to either stay in the game. Or alternatively take the game to the opposition as they did today which they did successfully for 35 minutes.
Again when we were on top we didn’t take our chances which in itself creates the pressures to push harder then the composure and decision making is affected. Then forest got a foothold in the game and I was happy to see half time.

We were unlucky with the injuries, ojo starting to look a threat going forward as I said he would a few weeks ago, just needs a bit of confidence and stay on his feet more . Some patience and more encouragement and theres a player in there.
Bradshaw would have scored the Benik chance second half . For all Beniks effort and running he needs to play inside the goal posts , that’s where he will score goals.
Take a leaf out of grabbans book, how many tap ins from 5 yards out does that horrible c… get. Especially against us.
The players are not fit enough to maintain the effort they need to put in , to make up for their lack of quality in championship .
Mitchell as well as he has played needs help.
Mahoney, Burey should of got on the park today to show the quality some of us believe they have.

Players IMO who lack the quality in midfield are Evans Kieftenbeld Thomson which is not hard to see. Malone defensively is poor we all know that.
Lenoard and Ballard have been missed.
Cooper had a better game today made a few blocks but pace non existent.
Hutchinson looks like he’s playing with an injury again.
Bart Danny and Murray thank Christ for them.
Jed will be gone by the end of the week, we don’t have much left.
Time to play the kids GR and spend what little we get for Jed wisely .
Hopefully this all makes sense as I am a little bit wasted
Agree with most of that, but if if the players were fucked surely the pace of Burey was needed to take the game to them. We can't soak up pressure, we prove it week in, week out, so we need an outlet

if we dont get another 7 or 8 pts from this point onwards, we deserve to go down! Its the same team that managed to beat Coventry just 3 weeks ago. We will get enough points to be more than safe.
This. Dull mid table season beckons. And no cup run. Zzzz

After watching Millwall since 7 years old and taking my son for the last 9 years he said to me today let’s leave it for a while Dad, it’s rubbish. Thanks Rowett!!!
That’s sad. But I don’t blame him. I’ve only done a few games this season. Going stoke away as we’re having a bit of a reunion for it, but other than that I’m not fussed.

Watched Sky highlights and I reckon it’s Bennett who takes the throw. He tries to reach Malone but the ball goes to one of their players leaving Malone marooned upfield.

I appreciate Malone isn’t flavour of the month for some but their goal was down to Bennett and no one else 🤷‍♂️
Sorry Purley but do you know where your local Specsavers is?

This, the problem as I saw it today and most of the season exactly.

We really don’t have the quality in the squad so
most of our players are putting a lot of effort from the kick off, just to either stay in the game. Or alternatively take the game to the opposition as they did today which they did successfully for 35 minutes.
Again when we were on top we didn’t take our chances which in itself creates the pressures to push harder then the composure and decision making is affected. Then forest got a foothold in the game and I was happy to see half time.

We were unlucky with the injuries, ojo starting to look a threat going forward as I said he would a few weeks ago, just needs a bit of confidence and stay on his feet more . Some patience and more encouragement and theres a player in there.
Bradshaw would have scored the Benik chance second half . For all Beniks effort and running he needs to play inside the goal posts , that’s where he will score goals.
Take a leaf out of grabbans book, how many tap ins from 5 yards out does that horrible c… get. Especially against us.
The players are not fit enough to maintain the effort they need to put in , to make up for their lack of quality in championship .
Mitchell as well as he has played needs help.
Mahoney, Burey should of got on the park today to show the quality some of us believe they have.

Players IMO who lack the quality in midfield are Evans Kieftenbeld Thomson which is not hard to see. Malone defensively is poor we all know that.
Lenoard and Ballard have been missed.
Cooper had a better game today made a few blocks but pace non existent.
Hutchinson looks like he’s playing with an injury again.
Bart Danny and Murray thank Christ for them.
Jed will be gone by the end of the week, we don’t have much left.
Time to play the kids GR and spend what little we get for Jed wisely .
Hopefully this all makes sense as I am a little bit wasted
You may be wasted 64, but I think you make excellent comments in your post.

We will never make the top 6 with GR

I think a lot of you have been a bit tough on Thompson today, he played no worse then Evans or Mitchell

The way our midfield play is very poor, I sometimes wonder if Billy gets a earful from GR when he brings the ball upfield and doesn't pass wide

If we play a 4-4-2, I would take a bet that most of our central midfield players would do a lot better (Evens included)

Apart from Saville who gets forward (seen from his previous spell with us), and Dutch who holds (I have never seen him get forward) , I couldn't tell you how Thompson, Billy, Leonard or Evens prefers to play, each one of them has played attacking and defending rolls.

GR should have had a settled team long before 2 years and 3 months had passed, yes 2 years and 3 months, I wonder how long he takes to order food.

Centre midfield: Mitchell, Saville, Leonard, Kief, Evans, Thompson.

Perm any 2/3 from 6. Unfortunately, not one creative player there.
I think Mitchell provides an element of penetration (oooh missus), but depends who partners him. Evans is fkin useless at best so that pairing doesn't work. All the time we play 5 at the back we always look like we are overrun in midfield, which adds to our lack of up front creativty

I think Mitchell provides an element of penetration (oooh missus), but depends who partners him. Evans is fkin useless at best so that pairing doesn't work. All the time we play 5 at the back we always look like we are overrun in midfield, which adds to our lack of up front creativty
In fact if he could last 90 minutes I'd put Bennett in midfield, he's strong, faster than most and does at least have an element skill

All the time we play 5 at the back we always look like we are overrun in midfield, which adds to our lack of up front creativty

I agree that is sometimes the case, but we had 3 in the middle of midfield in the 2nd half yesterday and the Forest CB and midfield strolled through on numerous occasions without being challenged.

Sad truth is that, apart from Mitchell, probably none of our midfielders would get picked for another C'ship side.