MATCH THREAD MILLWALL V COVENTRY

people are queing up to get on afobe's back. i hear it in the stands all the time. this is so unnecessary. you got to remember that for the vast majority of a game like that he is just not getting the ball passed to him. when he does get it, ten minutes, later teh pressure must be so great no wonder he falls over etc. but if you look closely there is a very good player there at this level. he reads teh game so well. his touches. honestly think with a few more creative, dominating players around him he would be in the top 5 goal scorers in this league.

people are queing up to get on afobe's back. i hear it in the stands all the time. this is so unnecessary. you got to remember that for the vast majority of a game like that he is just not getting the ball passed to him. when he does get it, ten minutes, later teh pressure must be so great no wonder he falls over etc. but if you look closely there is a very good player there at this level. he reads teh game so well. his touches. honestly think with a few more creative, dominating players around him he would be in the top 5 goal scorers in this league.

there are a couple around me grumbling as well

he makes good runs every game but the passes are not being played to him

if they could get the ball to his feet when he makes those runs he would score 9 out of 10 times in my opinion

that was wild! best bad game i have seen in years. to be fair to coventry, they barely stopped and were a real, real threat for the most of that game.

burey was fantastic. so nice to see someone who wants to beat a man, and he does, time and time again. my motm. and he couldn't have got that shot more perfect!
This, although if Saville played more minutes he would have walked it....

there are a couple around me grumbling as well

he makes good runs every game but the passes are not being played to him

if they could get the ball to his feet when he makes those runs he would score 9 out of 10 times in my opinion

Must admit, I've noticed this too. Afobe even literally points where he wants it but rarely gets it. Maybe Flemming - when fit - can unlock the doors. He certainly has the ability.

would be brilliant if he hits the ground running and a chant with German Panzer Tank in it happened

must admit I still dizzy from that game and am struggling to think of a chant that would incorporate those three words

I can't even say his fucking name properly, let alone work out a chant for him.

It might be famous last words about the German, but he looks to have a bit about him. Potential cult status?

He was very good today, put in a decent shift, linked the play and tackled back, goals will come, no one should get on his back

10 men could of beat us but for Bart not burey. Yes he hit the post, but does too many poor things. Not taking either he’s young and naive.I’d start olaofe instead of benik he can’t score less but looks a handful quick and strong, he buzzed. Crowd probably got em over the line. We do do it the hard way. Won’t work always away as last week proved. First game I watched this season by the way
Do you ever focus on the positives? Christ I wouldn’t want you in the trenches! :shake:

I can't even say his fucking name properly, let alone work out a chant for him.

It might be famous last words about the German, but he looks to have a bit about him. Potential cult status?

the last bit of his name reminds me of my favourite rave tune when I danced with god in the early 90’s The Slammer

Most of the goals Afobe scored last season were half chances or something he had to carve out himself.

Rowett is doing him a disservice by not working out a way to get some quality in and around him to get the best out of him really. I’m not sure Flemming is the answer, but time will tell.

I'll judge Afobe when the Dutch and German reinforcements have settled in and hopefully Bradshaw is fit. Saying that he does live a goal on the telly, so Friday....

10 men could of beat us but for Bart not burey. Yes he hit the post, but does too many poor things. Not taking either he’s young and naive.I’d start olaofe instead of benik he can’t score less but looks a handful quick and strong, he buzzed. Crowd probably got em over the line. We do do it the hard way. Won’t work always away as last week proved. First game I watched this season by the way
All the reports I’m reading was Burey was man of the match. So considering it’s the first game you have watched this season (on the telebox)I’d say go back to making up your uninformed negativity, that way you can still ‘tend’ to your sheep!

All the reports I’m reading was Burey was man of the match. So considering it’s the first game you have watched this season (on the telebox)I’d say go back to making up your uninformed negativity, that way you can still ‘tend’ to your sheep!
Because he hit the post? Bart mom easy.