Match thread Millwall v Blackpool

Did anyone notice that before Afobe scored Styles shot went underneath the diving defender and hit his hand. I wonder if the ref would have given a pen?
Good spot thought exactly the same, was in back of net before he had to decide

I did notice one of their players going over after a challenge, fell on the ball, saw he wasn't going to get a free kick, so dropped the ball and carried on. My little pony just waved play on.
If it wasn't a free kick to them then it was 100% hand ball. Maybe that headband was restricting the blood flow to the refs head, affecting brain function and eyesight.

I did notice one of their players going over after a challenge, fell on the ball, saw he wasn't going to get a free kick, so dropped the ball and carried on. My little pony just waved play on.
If it wasn't a free kick to them then it was 100% hand ball. Maybe that headband was restricting the blood flow to the refs head, affecting brain function and eyesight.
My little pony. 😂😂😂

😂😂

Real supporter, not!
Trashes Millwall,to be expected I suppose, and then goes on to make Blackpool sound even worse. Was he even at the game?
Any reason for a Journo to trash the Millwall name (our supporters booing the knee), and they’ll take it to add colour to an already black and white report!

At least he stopped shy of mentioning BLM and Millwall racism in the same sentence, although mentioning the booing was a subtle reference to that!

Think this has been said before, but the club’s media department(?) need to be checking journalistic reports after our games, for either subtle digs like this, or blatant full on accusations of racism and violence! None of it reflects what the club do for the local community, or for bettering race relations, yet every time shit accusations like this (subtle or not), are printed either locally or nationally, the club never seem to want to defend themselves!

The club should demand either an apology or a retraction if an accusation is found to be wrong! If they don’t get either one or the other, they should try their level best to sue the bastards for libel! If we could successfully sue one of these newspapers, it might just make the others sit up, take notice and think about the content they are about to write!

Rant over! Sorry…..

This has been my sentiment all along, ever since the Black Lives Matter issue broke. WE HAVE NOBODY TO SPEAK FOR THE. CLUB.
No one to defend us against the regular Media Shit Storm of lies and innuendo.
Millwall F.C. are an amateur business in a professional world when it comes to the Media. Where are the rebuttals of the slurs? Where are the Good News Stories about us?
As for the so called Journo from Blackpool, simply withdraw his accreditation. I doubt his report was even good enough for use as a Fish and Chip wrapper.
it was an entertaining game of Championship football, his side lost, so he trashed every aspect.

Most newspapers don't like to write retractions, and when they do, 9 times out of 10 they are forced to by court order, even then it's placed in the middle of a paper, and most won't even realize it's been printed, same with online articles, they are not going to promote them, or use keywords for there SEO tools so they are easily found, For us as a club, it's pick your fights wisely as it can cost a pretty penny to fight every single one of them.

This has been my sentiment all along, ever since the Black Lives Matter issue broke. WE HAVE NOBODY TO SPEAK FOR THE. CLUB.
No one to defend us against the regular Media Shit Storm of lies and innuendo.
Millwall F.C. are an amateur business in a professional world when it comes to the Media. Where are the rebuttals of the slurs? Where are the Good News Stories about us?
As for the so called Journo from Blackpool, simply withdraw his accreditation. I doubt his report was even good enough for use as a Fish and Chip wrapper.
it was an entertaining game of Championship football, his side lost, so he trashed every aspect.
👍

Completely agree mfcjohn. However we don't need to pick fights, but we do need a positive voice and views be out my put out there on our behalf, rather than letting the Media create their stereotyped mischief about us. If we have a media dept. That's their task. It can't be done overnight, but we need to make a start. We are too much of an easy target putting us down and giving us a good kicking whilst we're there. They need to know we will respond, in kind, every time. Nothing wrong with getting our retaliation in first.

Most newspapers don't like to write retractions, and when they do, 9 times out of 10 they are forced to by court order, even then it's placed in the middle of a paper, and most won't even realize it's been printed, same with online articles, they are not going to promote them, or use keywords for there SEO tools so they are easily found, For us as a club, it's pick your fights wisely as it can cost a pretty penny to fight every single one of them.
Spot on. We'd need to employ about ten people on full time to deal with the shit printed. If fans are that bothered they could personally drop the editor(s) an email and take it from there. NOLUWDC:shrug:

Any reason for a Journo to trash the Millwall name (our supporters booing the knee), and they’ll take it to add colour to an already black and white report!
Wasn't going to bother but had a look. How has he trashed us?

The home faithful, in charming form as ever booing the taking of the knee before unleashing a colourful chant aimed in the direction of the Blackpool players, were equally as irate about their own side’s display, even after they took the lead on two separate occasions.
“Gary Rowett, your football is ****” was one particular chant which gives you a flavour of the mood surrounding The Den. And this is when they won, imagine what they’re like when they lose?!

He hasn't written anything that isn't true. Some bods boo'ed the knee which is their right and some fucking idiots sang the Rowett song. Good luck with taking that to court or whatever you want to happen. I 'd pick my battles a bit more carefully and one that i could win. There's nothing libelous in what's been written. I'd be more pissed off the fact that the report states we were slagging off our manager- embarrassing- more so for the divs singing it cause we won.