Match thread Millwall v Blackpool

Fuck me Norwich, I stuck up for you on here the other week, but reading your comments today I’m wondering why. I’m starting to see what PL was on about, calling you a troll. Just seems like you’re being negative for the sake of it, to get some sort of reaction. Weird.

Norwich Mark, I like reading your comments, and you're as entitled to your opinion as much as the rest of us.....but, bloody hell mate.
I know it hasn't been the greatest start to the season, with some dire football, but we are who we are.
A very wise man once told me that we should save our cunting off for the enemy, rather than our own. Something I took to heart, and see that's how we should be supporting our club. I agree that some of our squad haven't been giving their best performances, but they're our squad, and that's who we have to put a team together from. Like it or not.
Get behind them 110%, and take the piss out of our opponents, the ref, the opposing supporters, Fat Dan....me.
We're all in this together. COYL.
Like the way you slipped Fat Dan in there mate 🤣

I think Mark thinks he knows best and more than anyone else on here, he hasn't a gram of humilty in him to admit he was wrong. I think bods get riled by his condescending comments, like they carry no weight cause he's the man, Remarks like this to a poster earlier--------Well seen, others wouldn’t notice---- so he's just insulted most of the board and dismissed their opinions and knowledge of the game.

How can you debate with someone like that? when he's already formed his opinion on everyone else, cunts work!! Yet he's getting picked on? I don't fucking think so, and when you see snobbery like that he deserves some stick.

Last edited:
With some respect, I think your analysis is bollocks.
The ball fell kindly for Benik yes, but the geezer got himself in the right place at the right time and buried like a striker is meant to do.
Sealed the game and got us a very important 3 points.
Not a convincing rampant performance but a win.
The team still lack belief and confidence but wins will give them that.
I think we are now a point better off than we were after 10 games last season so probably no need to panic, I was concerned immediately after the rangers game but they are miles ahead of Blackpool so still lots of room for improvement .The players and Rowett can hopefully settle down a bit and work on the training ground during the international break. I seem to remember the same being said last season, now we have a very different squad.
It’s para all you need to entertain mate. Don’t give airtime to the other crap.

I think Mark thinks he knows best and more than anyone else on here, he hasn't a gram of humilty in him to admit he was wrong. I think bods get riled by his condescending comments, like they carry no weight cause he's the man, Remarks like this to a poster earlier--------Well seen, others wouldn’t notice---- so he's just insulted most of the board and dismissed their opinions and knowledge of the game.

How can you deabte with someone like that? when he's already formed his opinion on everyone else, cunts work!! Yet he's getting picked on? I don't fucking think so, and when you see snobbery like that he deserves some stick.
Absolute spot on kidda.

He ain’t good, you saying he could of missed that, schoolboy wouldn’t of missed that. He can’t make a goal.
See, here we go. It's your agenda to just slag everyone off in this team. "Blah blah is shit" "blah blah cant tackle" (he's a fucking raw winger)

"Rowett shit" ....

Wind your neck in, Skid Mark. Pay the money to go to a game and then you may earn a little more respect from people on here if you want to slag off. But you don't. You whinge and fucking moan each and every week. There's me thinking that's a womens perogative to whinge, we have our own lady on the board here don't we SKID.

I cannot wait til the day you fuxk off from this forum. You bring everyone down, you're literally on your own in the way you think.. not that it's a bad thing, but unfortunately you turn that positive into a negative also!

3 points. Struggled with form of late.. which oddly enough happens to every team in the world, even those multi million pound clubs, SKID. Tiny blip. Clear to see Rowett isn't afraid to try a few new things like play Long in goal, for example. Few new faces through the door, always takes time gel.
We will not play pretty each week, and this is Millwall so we don't win every week either, not so sure why you support us, ChalkMark?

Absolute load of dribble every match day from you. Cough up some money, get your arse to then Den and SUPPORT these fellas and watch the off the ball movement from some... you maybe pleasantly surprised.

The only thing that matters is we won.

We were perfect? Of course not and no team ever will be, but did anyone have a mare? No.

We chased, harried and closed down in midfield, Blackpool's only threat was out wide and apart from the goal, they never looked like scoring - how many saves do you remember Long making?

How long is it since we've seen players with the ability of Flemming, Styles, Shackleton and Honeyman? Afobe, one chance one goal. Mitchell will come on in leaps and bounds alongside Styles and Honeyman.

If we keep progressing like we did yesterday and this lot really click, we're going to see some blinding football.

I actually really enjoyed yesterday, so much better than Wednesday.

There are enough shit days, fuck me, let's enjoy the good ones

Noticed that Flemming and others played the ball to Afobes feet and it worked and stuck. Wack heavily weighted passes to any footballer and he'll struggle to control them. But hey, lets knock one of our players anyway, wonder who'll be getting it next week from the the armchair stand now that he;s scored and left the divs red faced and quiet. Who do you reckon it'll be?
It will still be him *, sorry, a professional football player on 15-20 large a week shouldn't have the touch of a brick wall.
I played to a pretty high standard in my youth and I can honestly say even now at nearly 50 my 1st touch is better the Afobe, in fact a large % of our side couldn't trap a bag of cement!!
My comment was meant as a joke hence the *, as you've gone off like a car alarm at 3 in the morning I'll respond in kind!!

My tuppence worth: It wasn't a great performance yesterday and Blackpool aren't a great side, but we stuck at it and got a result. We played well as a team in patches. There were some good individual performances (Shack, Billy, Zian).

I'm far from being Afobe's greatest fan - and one swallow doesn't make a summer - but I thought that he did pretty well yesterday, especially in the second half. He held the ball up well more often than not - his first touch was much improved - linked up play well on occasion and he took his goal nicely.

Put the ball in the box and the chances are a forward will score :idea:

hell of a lot of his previous goals it seems come from run on's and balls over the top. hopefully fleeming will help with switching to the play with him that regard. that one on one yesterday when the ball went 6 miles up and it was just him and the defender was superb - just a last ditch save from the keeper. he's an intelligent player, using his brain over his legs. because of the way he's built and his age, it would be utter madness if he spent the whole game chasing stuff down. watch his movement - very, very good. times we have people on the flanks charging into the box and he is in acres...but alas our crossing :(

Good attacking, back off when under pressure , always has, let’s the cross come in, with him and Murray to the left we struggle, prefer styles to Malone long term?
Went in and won some 50/50's yesterday, never the best defender but seems to be improving, even at his age.