Match Thread Millwall v Birmingham KO 3pm

FT

Fantastic performance, marred slightly by letting Brum back in momentarily for Deeney’s goal!

Apart from that, we bossed the whole game! Mitchell was MOM for me, but every player did well! Bradshaw looked a different player today!

Thought it interesting that Jed was nowhere to be seen today, yet we were dominant in midfield and up front! If we have turned the corner in this game (yes, it could just be another potential false dawn), and we carry on playing like we did today, are we going to miss Jed, if he leaves us at the end of this season?

Whatever bargaining power Jed holds against us now, could evaporate if the players can prove to Rowett that they don’t need Jed! Would that then make Jed change his mind and stay?

Better to be a big fish in a small pond, than to be a small fish in a big pond!
If he goes and if - he will be spending most of his time sat on his arse on the subs bench wherever he goes and he won't like that.

My word, what a performance. I thought we were dominant from the word go, two great goals in the first half. Lord B put on a third striker at half time and they changed to playing balls through to try and get in behind our defence, worked for a short period and they scored. The crowd got right behind the team and then it happened, Evans scores! haha Played the remainder of the game looking composed and did not sit back. Only question, 4 minutes of injury time? Where did that come from?!?

He had one moment in the first half - one that didn’t really trouble the Brum keeper. 2nd half he got a bit more into the game, with a free kick that Cooper should have done better with! He had a couple of good one-two’s with Bradshaw, put over a really good cross which their keeper spilled (and Malone didn’t capitalise on), and that was it!

Just felt Billy bossed the midfield today, (with support from Danny), more so than Jed who is normally the one to make things tick. I had a really good feeling Jed was gonna get on the scoresheet today, but it was left to another midfielder, the usually woeful Evans, who scored the goal that eventually put the game to bed!
I thought Billy and God help me Evans bossed the midfield today, Jed played well as anyone else.

That was my first match since I was at the Millwall v Charlton match in November 2019. When you're like me and don't get over so often, it's great when your visit coincides with a real 90 minute performance by the team. And it was good to get talking to a few proper Wall fans too. Will definitely have to get over again this season. Might need to give the liver a short rest until then, mind. Wasn't feeling the best by the time I got home yesterday evening. Then again, that probably just means I'm out of practise for these Friday to Monday drinking sessions. So more regular visits to the Den are needed:wahey:

That was my first match since I was at the Millwall v Charlton match in November 2019. When you're like me and don't get over so often, it's great when your visit coincides with a real 90 minute performance by the team. And it was good to get talking to a few proper Wall fans too. Will definitely have to get over again this season. Might need to give the liver a short rest until then, mind. Wasn't feeling the best by the time I got home yesterday evening. Then again, that probably just means I'm out of practise for these Friday to Monday drinking sessions. So more regular visits to the Den are needed:wahey:
I’m delighted they put on a real Millwall performance for you, mate. I know all about anticipating a trip and seeing a dull 0-0 or worse.😀

I’m delighted they put on a real Millwall performance for you, mate. I know all about anticipating a trip and seeing a dull 0-0 or worse.😀
Cheers, BP. I suppose we have to take the good with the bad when taking a trip over. A 1 - 5 defeat to Peterborough a few years ago sticks out in my mind. But days like Saturday really remind me how lucky I am to be able to get along to a Millwall match every now and again. I know I'm biased but I can't believe that there's better fans anywhere than at Millwall or a ground with a better atmosphere than the Den.

Cheers, BP. I suppose we have to take the good with the bad when taking a trip over. A 1 - 5 defeat to Peterborough a few years ago sticks out in my mind. But days like Saturday really remind me how lucky I am to be able to get along to a Millwall match every now and again. I know I'm biased but I can't believe that there's better fans anywhere than at Millwall or a ground with a better atmosphere than the Den.
As you know, I came over for the Derby game. The result was almost incidental. A few hours at the Den with like minded people was the most important thing, especially after nearly 2 years away.
I must have been psychic. I took the trip as soon as the stupid testing requirements relaxed.
The latest controls render a repeat trip impossible for the moment.

As you know, I came over for the Derby game. The result was almost incidental. A few hours at the Den with like minded people was the most important thing, especially after nearly 2 years away.
I must have been psychic. I took the trip as soon as the stupid testing requirements relaxed.
The latest controls render a repeat trip impossible for the moment.
Yes, even on a bad day, a trip to the Den is good. The testing rules could make things tougher for me too - had to get a pcr test myself to get back home. Luckily, I have done my bit for science and proven that a shed load of cider doesn't affect pcr results. At least there's a plan B for me, as I can drive into NI and fly from Belfast and avoid tests that way. A long trip but if it was for a day like Saturday, I'd do it.
Hopefully, things might get a bit easier for you later in the season.

Hopefully, things might get a bit easier for you later in the season.
I reckon around March or April I should be OK.
I refuse to do a test before departure, only to have to do another one within 2 days of arrival. It simply makes no sense at all. And then to have to self isolate until the result comes back makes a 2 day trip absolutely impossible.
I've no doubt it has all been dreamed up to discourage people from travelling.
And it works.