Match Thread Hull City V Millwall KO 3pm

We had enough good chances today to win 2 games. Can't blame GR for players failing to take their chances.
Once again, Danny Mac and Billy Mitchell were outstanding.
After they took the lead in the second half they just packed their box with 5, 6 and 7 defenders in a line. Very difficult to pick out a white shirt in the box once they did that.
That's why Danny Mac's chance when he arrived late was so crucial.
You can argue about the subs, but the only really negative thing about that was the result, and our poor finishing, of course.

Can't we do what Aston villa did, change the manager, seems to work a lot of the time, don't matter if you're the better team, if you don't put the ball in the net more times than the opposition, you lose.

we were gliding through them like butter second half. would have been more worried if it was backs against teh wall defeat but really we did look top 10 and they did look bottom 6.

it was just one of those days. they shitty second goal says it all, just a flukey break.

i like afobe.

Disappointing result. Going forward we looked good (especially after their 2nd goal) and did everything bar score. Mitchell or Saville should tracked their first goalscorer, but Hutch should have cut out the cross before it got to him. Thought Ballard and Hutch were poor today.

Lost to probably the worst team in the Championship. 0jo offers nothing and why bring on Evans when we are looking for an equaliser. Poor management.

Agreed. We looked pretty good at times today and certainly didn't deserve to lose. If we hadn't drawn so many games and dropped points that way, I doubt if many would have moaned at todays defeat. It was just one of those days.
You’re right, we didn’t deserve to lose!

Problem is, it doesn’t matter how much possession we had, how many chances were inches wide, if you don’t score one more goal than your opposition, then you don’t win the game!

Unfortunately, our forward players are not consistent enough! Smith is mostly used as a late impact sub, put on when there’s hardly any time left for the bloke to get into the feel of the game and make his mark. Bradshaw scored today, but neither he nor Afobe have been consistent enough in scoring this season! Bennett blows hot and cold, and Ojo clearly doesn’t want to be here!

Jed was non existent today, and it’s players like him and Saville who, when we go 2 - 1 down to teams like Hull, need to step up, grab the game by the scruff of the neck and take charge as leaders on the pitch!

We’re not getting relegated this season, and it’s doubtful we’ll get into the play offs with our inconsistency - so why doesn’t Rowett do something really radical? Get to the required number of points for safety, and then give some game time to forwards Sean O’Brien and Isaac Olaofe, winger Jayden Davis and left back Junior Tiensia, all from the U23’s!

Would O’Brien and Olaofe be any worse than Smith or Bradshaw? Would Davis be any worse than Ojo on loan? Could Tiensia give Murray Wallace or Scott Malone a run for their money at left back (we know how bad Malone can be at left back)? These youngsters have played many games together and probably have a better understanding as part of a team, than some of our 1st team players, who don’t get a run of games under Rowett!

We need consistency and these youngsters may have enough in them to give that consistency to the rest of the team!

Last edited:
Taking Bradshaw off for scoring, then he brings Matt Smith on for a final push which made sense, obviously Smith needs crosses from the wing but Rowett takes off a winger and rather than use Malone he brings another forward on. Evans coming on was another strange one, if it was the last roll of the dice and long ball time he could of thrown Cooper on to cause some mayhem in their box, pushed Ballard out to right back and push MacNamara upfield. Whether Cooper is off form or not he’ll always attract the opposition‘s defenders in the box giving space to others. I will never understand Rowett.

Disappointing result. Going forward we looked good (especially after their 2nd goal) and did everything bar score. Mitchell or Saville should tracked their first goalscorer, but Hutch should have cut out the cross before it got to him. Thought Ballard and Hutch were poor today.
I thought Ballard dwelled too long at times putting himself under undue pressure

I agree. Bench seems a bit woeful for attacking options, only other one would be Malone with his energy who I would've picked.

The Bradshaw for Smith sub was the one that got me, Bradshaw was playing alright, better than Ojo or Saville. Chasing a game and he brings on someone that cannot run or close down for someone that can/does.

Ojo is one lazy player who I wouldnt mind driving him back to where he came from, then ask him for the petrol money.
This is why I want to see Olaofe brought back from Sutton and put on the bench for us as an attacking option if needed.
If Bradshaw or Afobe get injured it leaves us short in attack.

A few have mentioned it but jed was poor today and this shows why any thoughts of a premiership move for him in January or end of season is pie in the sky.....he's good but not good Enough. If he does he will become a bench warmer at best

Always a hard place to go,hull won 3 out of 3 before today terrible conditions wind sleet and snow we weren't great today but crap ref again and absolutely no luck one of those days
WHY THE FUCK ARE SOME OF OUR FANS BOOING OJO he didnt have a very good first half admitted but for fuck sakes booing not on, I really hope hull go down it's always freezing at that place