Match Thread Huddersfield V Millwall

Easily the worst & most boring game weve played this season.
Fuck off Rowett you defensive minded cautious mug.
Had enough now.

Pints are on me in the Haters gents. Millwall84 is serving & Ulsters gonna be dancing on the pole in the corner.

Only shot on target we had was Jed's weak left foot strike straight at the keeper in the first half.

He’ll roll out the same old rubbish about not losing many (which is true) - that’s ok Gary no need to play to our true potential just aim for mid table - I’m sure our players are over the moon with that approach.

Hutch the outstanding player for us
Jed, for all his running today went to waste as no support for him
Bradshaw and Ojo had no service
Cooper gave away free kicks in their box every time he went for the ball
Saville, the game just passed him by
Malone didn't know if he should have got forward or stay back
Leonard average.
Mitchell tried his best to get the ball forward, but no movement from anyone so the ball went back or sideways
Afobe had one good backheal at nutmegged their defender in the box
Smith done all he could with what he got.

It’s so frustrating!

Either it’s the players, or it’s Drawett (or both), but motivation and consistency seems to be the key problem here!

Before the start of this game, the players themselves should have been motivated enough to know that, if they did their job right, and other results went their way, the team could have finished in 6th place tonight! If that isn’t motivation enough, then what is going to be? Drawett can’t be motivating the players (or if he‘s trying to, the players aren’t listening, or Drawett isn’t selling it properly).

Bradshaw, in particular, needed from Rowett that motivation, to build on his brace last week, but as has been said up thread, Drawett doesn’t make the right changes in the right minutes, and the very thing he set out to do (picking a formation that wouldn’t concede away), comes true because his tactics are too defensive! It’s as if Drawett has his own self fulfilling prophecy that nearly always comes true!

Tell you what, Gazza, how about using your prophecy skills on telling me in advance the correct lottery numbers tonight? Then, when I win it, I can buy into Millwall with a seat on the board and have a word in JB’s lughole, giving him a few reasons why I think you should no longer be Millwall’s manager!

And to make matters worse, the Spotters have won 4 - 0 against Donny! That’s two out of two for new manager, Johnny Jackson!

Funny that when a new, attack minded manager comes in, taking over from a totally clueless one, he gets the team motivated and playing consistently, with different formations and tactics, that gets goals and wins games!

Get the idea, JB?

Last edited: