Match thread Blackpool v Millwall KO 3PM

2 Years and 3 months (although it does seem like donkeys years).

"On 21 October 2019, Rowett was appointed as the new Millwall manager".
:grinning:

-And that's why JB won't bin him. As someone else said, financially there is still a bit on his contract left plus, he's still trying to bring players in. He's probably here until the summer, I should think.
Berylson won't sack him. How long did he delay in axing Hollowhead.

No accountability from Rowett it’s the players at fault.
Millwall boss Gary Rowett told BBC Radio London:

"When you look at some of our recent away games we've just not done the right things for long enough. You can't come to places like this and concede soft goals.

"We've come away from being that horrible team to play against, a team that's really organised and keeps clean sheets, a team that fights to get results away from home.

"The fact we've had nearly 1,000 fans turn up from London, that for me was a disappointment that we didn't give them enough spark in the game."

wrong side from the start - Danny Mac was MOM by a mile - he was targeted and met pretty much everything that was at him and was our main attacking threat - no one in front of him to help and as soon as he had the ball , he had to look sideways or backwards. joke of a forward set up. Burey looked like the only one who could beat a man and actually test their defence/gk .

today was one of my worst away days Ive ever experienced left the house at 740am and still on the way back now

No accountability from Rowett it’s the players at fault.
Millwall boss Gary Rowett told BBC Radio London:

"When you look at some of our recent away games we've just not done the right things for long enough. You can't come to places like this and concede soft goals.

"We've come away from being that horrible team to play against, a team that's really organised and keeps clean sheets, a team that fights to get results away from home.

"The fact we've had nearly 1,000 fans turn up from London, that for me was a disappointment that we didn't give them enough spark in the game."
Those comments from Rowett are unbelievable! The fucking brass neck of the bloke!

If you’re team, Rowett, are not doing the right things for long enough, then tell them! Read them the riot act at half time! Get your subs to relay messages to certain players when they come onto the pitch! If they’re still not listening to you, sub them or drop them for the following game! Show them you mean business!

If your defenders are conceding soft goals, then get them back on the training ground and work on the areas you see are their weakest! If you want the players to be that horrible team they were when you first came to the club, get the fire back into their bellies and make them believe again that’s what they are! It’s down to you and Barrett to get the team organised, keep clean sheets and get the team fighting to win matches, home and away!

What you shouldn’t do as a manager is lay all your mistakes at the feet of your players, as if it is all their fault! Individual mistakes on the pitch can be down to the players, but how they’re set up, the tactics and choosing the team is down to you! Don’t blame the players because you didn’t start the game with two pacy wingers in Burey and Burke! Or blame them for you only being reactive after the team concedes, and not proactive when your team is getting over run in all areas of the pitch!

In short, Rowett, stop moaning that it’s all your players fault, and take a good, long, hard look in the mirror and realise that the fault lies with one person, and one person only!

You!

That ain't true though Is It as the first half of the Palace and Forest games showed. We are not going to play like Manchester City but no professional footballer Is as Ignorant of the basics as we were second half.

If they can't pass and move, find a bit of space or even bring the ball forward 15 yards then they should be treated as you would a lame horse. The biggest Issue Is an attitude problem and a negativity that comes from the management and the training ground. It's why players never Improve with us and most end up going backwards after a couple of years.
It's the difference between top pros and very average ones, average ones can only motivate themselves for the big games and thrive on being the underdog. It brings desire and an extra edge that the top players do naturally. Our fa cup record is good for that reason,

Beat Everton or Leicester then lose to Barnsley or Rotherham. Our league form would be decent if we didn't have to play the shitty northern clubs home and away but just bigger teams, we might not win them all but you'll get a much better performance as did for the Nigels and Forest. Yes Rowett has to take some blame, the players are probably as bored and tired as we are of his negativity but as well paid footballers they should also play for us and themselves as a matter of pride and professionalism.

We've seen many a wall player down the years that was a favourite, it wasn't always about his technical abilities either. It was heart, spirit and sheer desire that got them through games and the fans on their feet, there's nothing in todays team/ squad bar one or two that has what it takes to play for us or be successful.

It's the difference between top pros and very average ones, average ones can only motivate themselves for the big games and thrive on being the underdog. It brings desire and an extra edge that the top players do naturally. Our fa cup record is good for that reason,

Beat Everton or Leicester then lose to Barnsley or Rotherham. Our league form would be decent if we didn't have to play the shitty northern clubs home and away but just bigger teams, we might not win them all but you'll get a much better performance as did for the Nigels and Forest. Yes Rowett has to take some blame, the players are probably as bored and tired as we are of his negativity but as well paid footballers they should also play for us and themselves as a matter of pride and professionalism.

We've seen many a wall player down the years that was a favourite, it wasn't always about his technical abilities either. It was heart, spirit and sheer desire that got them through games and the fans on their feet, there's nothing in todays team/ squad bar one or two that has what it takes to play for us or be successful.
Harry Cripps, Kitch, Rhino, Hurlock to name but a few ! 👍

-And that's why JB won't bin him.
Of course he won't, why would he? Just because some here think we should be making the play offs they think JB isn't happy like them. Complete disregared and zero awareness for our finances or FFP rules that hamper us. Berylson is getting it again from Life with the lions who seems to think we're a profit making business that just needs the right lunatic with money to spunk on us, all fucking 12-13 thousand of us! It's fucking bonkers, JB is our Luntaic, we probably wouldn't exist in our ground or our current level if he didn't bail us out and keep us afloat.

We'll just get the same in the next bloke but be out of pocket whilst we pay off another manager and spend more money on new but mediocre players that our budget dictates we get. Not one of those calling for Rowett to go can, or is willing to explain where the money is coming from and think getting in a loon with dough will bring us instant success.

As I said before on another thread, Berylson isn’t Millwall, and never will be. Unlike other chairman who do support their club, he doesn’t feel the same when we lose as supporters do - the hurt, the anger, the frustration - all of that seems alien to Berylson!
He finally responded to your letter then :grinning: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ that is some of the most contrived, unbalanced, pile of old cunt that i've read from you. You should be in the Suns newsroom making up stories about people you hate.

Name some of these Chairmen that do support there clubs cause i thought it was just very rich businessmen that got involved. Abramovich, is he one? was he standing on the shed aged 8, covered in snow with his uncle Zebedee that flew them over for the game? Do you the think Brummie chairman Zhao Wenqing is out of Solihull? Who are these chairmen that get hurt, angry and frustrated? If you think JB has no emotional attachment to us after all these years and what he's done then you're madder than i thought and show a complete lack of knowledge for our club.

As for the rest of your post, it's the same rant but put differently. It's been explained why he can't just pump money in. FFP and only being able to spend a percentage of our income, but you know that anyway.

Last edited:
I've got a season ticket and been twice this season. Lost all interest. If my lot are on for a beer, I go, if not I can't be bothered.
Same here - says it all when Season Ticket holders can’t be arsed. How can we attract new fans with this negative approach from the outset of every match.

He finally responded to your letter then :grinning: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ that is some of the most contrived, unbalanced, pile of old cunt that i've read from you. You should be in the Suns news room making up stories about people you hate.

Name some of these Chairmen that do support there clubs cause i thought it was just very rich businessmen that got involved. Abramovich, is he one? was he standing on the shed aged 8, covered in snow with his uncle Zebedee that flew them over for the game? Do you the think Brummie chairman Zhao Wenqing is out of Solihull? Who are these chairmen that get hurt, angry and frustrated? If you think JB has no emotional attachment to us after all these years and what he's done then you're madder than i thought and show a complete lack of knowledge for our club.

As for the rest of your post, it's the same rant but put differently. It's been explained why he can't just pump money in. FFP and only being able to spend a percentage of our income, but you know that anyway.
Peckham , you might as well talk to a brick fuckin wall.
As much as I am pissed off watching that shit today, at least I never spent decent wedge traveling up there. Feel sorry for the ones who did.
Nothing is going to change in the near future as most will know.
Football is now dictated by dosh, FFP etc as the season is panning out the table is starting to resemble a list of the wealthiest top to bottom.
No excuse for today’s shower of shit tho.

We are as a club totally beholden to JB, a situation I'm not comfortable with. The fact is, we are rudderless at the top of the club, run by a business administrator with no football nous and with GR in total control of football operations. There is no direction at board level, which is where football decisions need to be made in the modern game.
For me JB, for all his cash injection, as chairman is ultimately responsible for the results of the business and they're not good.
Either he himself, or if one was appointed a director of football need to set up a recruitment policy to enable the club to trade profitably, in fact it should of been done ten years ago. As I write this tonight we have sold one player, George Saville in the last 18 years for decent profit. The last player to come through our youth system of genuine championship quality and more, Tim Cahill nearly 20 years ago.
Our current strategy is let's polish up "diamonds in the rough", 28- 30 year old with no resale value. It's madness for a club that loses £5m plus every year. We just stand back and watch clubs like Brentford make millions upon millions on player after player, and we just shrug our shoulders as if its a game we as a club can never play.
Remember JB also scrapped the youth system when he first took over to save money, only to reinstate it some years later.

We are as a club totally beholden to JB, a situation I'm not comfortable with. The fact is, we are rudderless at the top of the club, run by a business administrator with no football nous and with GR in total control of football operations. There is no direction at board level, which is where football decisions need to be made in the modern game.
For me JB, for all his cash injection, as chairman is ultimately responsible for the results of the business and they're not good.
Either he himself, or if one was appointed a director of football need to set up a recruitment policy to enable the club to trade profitably, in fact it should of been done ten years ago. As I write this tonight we have sold one player, George Saville in the last 18 years for decent profit. The last player to come through our youth system of genuine championship quality and more, Tim Cahill nearly 20 years ago.
Our current strategy is let's polish up "diamonds in the rough", 28- 30 year old with no resale value. It's madness for a club that loses £5m plus every year. We just stand back and watch clubs like Brentford make millions upon millions on player after player, and we just shrug our shoulders as if its a game we as a club can never play.
Remember JB also scrapped the youth system when he first took over to save money, only to reinstate it some years later.
This.

Lets face it we would have losr to workington today, yes gr is to take some blame. But attitude and will to actually try and win a game is down to each individual player. They are all cunts in my book its as if they want to lose. Fk em and fk their cunt attitude!.

Personally I think Kavanagh has to shoulder most of the blame for the financial misgivings and running of the club.
Granted we are a difficult club to market, but the running of the club at present seems to be done with him holding the reigns.
I fear JB is being treated like a mushroom in respect of what is really going on inside the club.
Probably only seeing spreadsheets and balance sheets at the moment. He needs to get hold of the business end a bit rapid .Obviously that’s only my assumption .
A decent director of football is a good shout and kavanagh should get his p45 sooner rather than later.

I will agree that the attitude of a lot of the players appears to be lacking, added to GRs defensive set up, but the reality is that we all should be very well used to these types of results. One week can see us hold our own against a Premiership side, the next week being turned over from the first 11 from the local old folk's home. Nobody has the magic wand that's going to change things overnight, and bringing a new manager in won't change things either - it's a total reform of our set up and attitude that's required from those paid to do their jobs, either in coaching, managing or playing. Pissed off as we are, unless we shrug our shoulders and move on to the next one, we may as well just jack it in.

Those comments from Rowett are unbelievable! The fucking brass neck of the bloke!

If you’re team, Rowett, are not doing the right things for long enough, then tell them! Read them the riot act at half time! Get your subs to relay messages to certain players when they come onto the pitch! If they’re still not listening to you, sub them or drop them for the following game! Show them you mean business!

If your defenders are conceding soft goals, then get them back on the training ground and work on the areas you see are their weakest! If you want the players to be that horrible team they were when you first came to the club, get the fire back into their bellies and make them believe again that’s what they are! It’s down to you and Barrett to get the team organised, keep clean sheets and get the team fighting to win matches, home and away!

What you shouldn’t do as a manager is lay all your mistakes at the feet of your players, as if it is all their fault! Individual mistakes on the pitch can be down to the players, but how they’re set up, the tactics and choosing the team is down to you! Don’t blame the players because you didn’t start the game with two pacy wingers in Burey and Burke! Or blame them for you only being reactive after the team concedes, and not proactive when your team is getting over run in all areas of the pitch!

In short, Rowett, stop moaning that it’s all your players fault, and take a good, long, hard look in the mirror and realise that the fault lies with one person, and one person only!

You!
Totally agree with you on that.
Whatever the players weaknesses are, the buck stops with the manager.
He would take the credit if the team were successful, and should take the blame if they are a failure.
If these results and performances continue as they are, then he should go.
In fact he should hold his hands up and say he cannot do no more to improve the team. In my eyes he would get more respect that way.
The one thing about GR that I get the hump about is his use of the subs.
He brings on a player that will give a bit of a spark to the team when we are a goal down. Instead of setting up with an attacking line up from the start, he sets up with a back five. Then when a goal down brings on Burey who is direct and can put good crosses in to tell box.
Why on earth doesn't he start with players like that?