Match thread Blackpool v Millwall KO 3PM

I know we are short of cash and have injuries but Rowett brings nothing to the table but ineptness. Surely there must be a manager out there who can do better in our situation.

4 defeats in a row. Simple question: How many more before we start looking for a new manager?
Some people seem deluded, we have as much chance of getting relegated as promoted.
We have far more chance of going down than we do going up, but we'll stay where we are

Sorry Stomp but Leon said it above. No one with any idea on how to play it around and dictate. Billy to an extent can but not on his own.
We don't have the quality to play like Fulham, but we have enough ability to Improve 10 fold on what was offered today. You can't become a professional footballer If you can't do the basics. Yes our players are limited, but half of that comes from negativity and laziness.

I can't accept that our players are so Incapable of playing football that all they can do Is boot It long. In recent games we wouldn't have scored 3 against Birmingham or held our heads high against Premiership Palace If that was the case.

Inconsistency Is what you would expect from players at our level. But playing like a shit Sunday team more often than not Is something else entirely. There Is too much negativity and an acceptance of poor standards at the training ground that allows the players to get away with what they offer up.

I do understand that we've got a very limited budget and I can also see that we've got a limited squad with a couple of players at least that are League1 level. I also accept that, with our squad, a change of manager may make little difference. If you look at some of the ones we've had(Holloway, Lomas), there's worse managers than Rowett out there.
But, they say that insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. If so Rowett is either insane or else he wants us to lose. Because we can all see that the negative tactics get us nowhere. Some might say we're not good enough to be too attacking. But we're not good enough to defend all the time either.
I do wonder if there's something going on in the dressing room too. If Jed is refusing to play, that can't be helping the atmosphere.

Kabongo Tshimanga. 21 goals in 22 games for Chesterfield. Ex MK Dons and Borehamwood. Could bring a breath of fresh air to our attack, and wouldn't break the bank, although heaven help anyone in the club shop who had to get the spelling right for the back of a shirt.
Down 3 positions in the league in a couple of weeks isn't good, and it's still January. Need to do something to plug these leaks.

Kabongo Tshimanga. 21 goals in 22 games for Chesterfield. Ex MK Dons and Borehamwood. Could bring a breath of fresh air to our attack, and wouldn't break the bank, although heaven help anyone in the club shop who had to get the spelling right for the back of a shirt.
Down 3 positions in the league in a couple of weeks isn't good, and it's still January. Need to do something to plug these leaks.
The wouldn't need to worry, he has more letters In his name than they have In the whole shop.

Why do you think we signed Ojo?

Last edited:
We are just absolute dogshit with the ball, not one ball player in the team that can stroke a ball, slow a game down, speed it up, make a cutting pass and just simply love having the ball. Been missing for years now and until we find that player in midfield we won’t move forward. The movement is non existent and everything rushed. No one ever looks like they have control of the ball, where it’s caressed, it’s just hit in the channels hoping someone will get on the end of it. Handling a hot burning coal springs to mind.

Well done to those that travelled you poor bastards.

We have been crying out for a ball carrying, silky player since Rowett came in, and he hasn’t found it.

4 defeats in a row. Simple question: How many more before we start looking for a new manager?
Some people seem deluded, we have as much chance of getting relegated as promoted.
Sorry, but after watching that shit today, the following is a massive rant about Rowett and Berylson!

You have been warned! :grinning:

As long as there are 3 sides worse than us in this division, Berylson won’t do anything about sacking Rowett!

As I said before on another thread, Berylson isn’t Millwall, and never will be. Unlike other chairman who do support their club, he doesn’t feel the same when we lose as supporters do - the hurt, the anger, the frustration - all of that seems alien to Berylson!

Since he appointed Rowett, has Berylson ever watched one of our poorer games, or been told second hand how poor a game has been, and voiced his concerns to Rowett about how poor the tactics, formation and team selection has been, when we’ve drawn games we should have won, and lost games when we should have drawn them? I very much doubt it! Yet, other chairman sack their managers when they lose a run of 5 games!

I’m not advocating Berylson sack our managers after only being in the job for 5 minutes, but Rowett’s had 3 years in the job now, and each year our league table progress has got worse under him (think this season we will finish below the 11th that we achieved last year). I mean, Christ, Berylson hasn’t once had to give Rowett the chairman’s dreaded vote of confidence speech!

Think the question that needs answering here is, what does John Berylson want to achieve as chairman of Millwall Football Club? The answer should be obvious, but I think (and I can’t fathom why this is), Berylson doesn’t seem too bothered about making Millwall another of his success stories! In the last 15 years, he has ploughed over £40M of his own money into keeping us afloat when we’ve gone between the Championship and league 1, and he has kept us going through Covid - and for all of that, we should be extremely thankful!

In those 15 years, he’s given previous managers different sums of money to buy in (or loan in) a number of players, but at Millwall, regardless of who the chairman is, the mantra has always been to do everything on the cheap - and Berylson has been no exception to this type of thinking! He got Harris in on the cheap, and I think he‘s achieved the same with Rowett, yet he doesn’t seem yet to have understood (as he did eventually when Harris offered his resignation to him), how bad the footballing has become under Rowett, and that it is time (as it was with Harris) to change managers!

If I’m right, and for Berylson it’s all about recouping his £40M back, instead of giving Millwall any kind of success, then perhaps now is the time for him to sell the club to a buyer who does want success. Someone who wants to bring in a forward thinking, attacking manager that wants his players to think and act like him. At the moment, our supporters deserve so much more, and they ain’t going to get it if Berylson and Rowett are still in charge!

Jed would not have made any difference to the outcome of the games he has not played, this is purely down to the Managers tactics, but could it be more ? has Rowett lost the dressing room to the point that the players are trying to get him out, it makes no sense how they could play well against some teams and absolute dogshit against others.

Rowett has been lucky so far, a string of bad results while playing for draws will see us relegated.

Rowett’s had 3 years in the job now

2 Years and 3 months (although it does seem like donkeys years).

"On 21 October 2019, Rowett was appointed as the new Millwall manager".
:grinning:

-And that's why JB won't bin him. As someone else said, financially there is still a bit on his contract left plus, he's still trying to bring players in. He's probably here until the summer, I should think.

Jed would not have made any difference to the outcome of the games he has not played, this is purely down to the Managers tactics, but could it be more ? has Rowett lost the dressing room to the point that the players are trying to get him out, it makes no sense how they could play well against some teams and absolute dogshit against others.

Rowett has been lucky so far, a string of bad results while playing for draws will see us relegated.
I get what you're saying but can't see Peterborough making up 14 points on us. We'll stay up because there are some proper shit teams in the league and Derby and Reading have their points deductions.

I can live with a relegation fight, but have a fucking go for Christ's sake try to attack and provide some entertainment. As Robbo said this is soul-destroying

I know for a fact at least three of our players who are unhappy with the way they are told to play