Match thread Blackpool v Millwall KO 3PM

It's the difference between top pros and very average ones, average ones can only motivate themselves for the big games and thrive on being the underdog. It brings desire and an extra edge that the top players do naturally. Our fa cup record is good for that reason,

Beat Everton or Leicester then lose to Barnsley or Rotherham. Our league form would be decent if we didn't have to play the shitty northern clubs home and away but just bigger teams, we might not win them all but you'll get a much better performance as did for the Nigels and Forest. Yes Rowett has to take some blame, the players are probably as bored and tired as we are of his negativity but as well paid footballers they should also play for us and themselves as a matter of pride and professionalism.

We've seen many a wall player down the years that was a favourite, it wasn't always about his technical abilities either. It was heart, spirit and sheer desire that got them through games and the fans on their feet, there's nothing in todays team/ squad bar one or two that has what it takes to play for us or be successful.
What I don't understand Is how the players can consistantly show no Initiative on the pitch. Yes, there will always be bad games. Days when you are just collectively not at the races. But when the formation and set up restrict the way you play, why do the footballers, or at least some of them not take a few matters Into their own hands when the games start to become stale? I'm not talking mutiny, just an adaption of a few to how they play together to try and spur something on Instead of continuing with a method you know doesn't work.

I can only think that they don't care as anyone who wanted to do well and win would make a lot more effort, even to no avail (think players like Kane and Rooney dropping deep just to get on the ball and try and drag It forward). If the defenders are hitting balls long to no one, then surely finding space or dropping short for an option or even just to pull an opposition player away Is key. Obviously there Is a limit to what you can do with the formation but once you are on the pitch you are the masters of your own destiny so to speak, and you have to create your own luck and chances.

Rowett Is still a cunt though.

What I don't understand Is how the players can consistantly show no Initiative on the pitch. Yes, there will always be bad games. Days when you are just collectively not at the races. But when the formation and set up restrict the way you play, why do the footballers, or at least some of them not take a few matters Into their own hands when the games start to become stale? I'm not talking mutiny, just an adaption of a few to how they play together to try and spur something on Instead of continuing with a method you know doesn't work.

I can only think that they don't care as anyone who wanted to do well and win would make a lot more effort, even to no avail (think players like Kane and Rooney dropping deep just to get on the ball and try and drag It forward). If the defenders are hitting balls long to no one, then surely finding space or dropping short for an option or even just to pull an opposition player away Is key. Obviously there Is a limit to what you can do with the formation but once you are on the pitch you are the masters of your own destiny so to speak, and you have to create your own luck and chances.

Rowett Is still a cunt though.
Good last line

I will agree that the attitude of a lot of the players appears to be lacking, added to GRs defensive set up, but the reality is that we all should be very well used to these types of results. One week can see us hold our own against a Premiership side, the next week being turned over from the first 11 from the local old folk's home. Nobody has the magic wand that's going to change things overnight, and bringing a new manager in won't change things either - it's a total reform of our set up and attitude that's required from those paid to do their jobs, either in coaching, managing or playing. Pissed off as we are, unless we shrug our shoulders and move on to the next one, we may as well just jack it in.
A overhaul is exactly what is needed
I think GR is trying to do this himself, NH before him.

Both got the team playing the way they wanted, along with the other age groups, so younger players can transition into the first team a lot easier.

As a club, we should have coach's who give kids a base of Football training, and as they progress, introduce different formations and other tactical knowledge to them.

It should not be - Harris is the manager, the whole club will play 4-4-2

GR is the manager, the whole club plays 5-2-3

The years Harris put in to the club then go to waste when he left, just like the years GR puts into the club will go to waste when he leaves, it's up for debate whether they were right or wrong to play the way they played.

I wonder what the u23's coach's think when a new manager comes in, "here we go again" I don't even think that the u23's manager gets to pick his own formation, as it is dictated by the first team manager.

A director of football could be a good thing, as long as he has the club's best interests at heart, and not try to get involved with signings that the first team manager wants to make, as we've seen the other cubs it doesn't work when you have a person like that.