Match thread Birmingham v Millwall KO 3pm

Savage lazy useless midfielder offers nothing cost us the win today they were wilting tosser
In fairness even the biased Brum commentators said instinctively 'that was never a foul, should not be a free kick'. Taylor mugged off the Ref and the Lino and created the Penalty. Should we criticise him, or try to sign him?

We go into the last home game with a chance ONLY because the ref decided to balance a mistake 2 MINUTES past the added 6 minutes in a game we should have lost due to one man - Rowett, a coward who played 8 defenders in a game we needed to win.

We go into the last home game with a chance ONLY because the ref decided to balance a mistake 2 MINUTES past the added 6 minutes in a game we should have lost due to one man - Rowett, a coward who played 8 defenders in a game we needed to win.
:rofl:

I seriously wonder if Rowett and the team that played today, actually really want to get promoted?

I say this because when push comes to shove, certain players we rely on, seem to go missing at crucial times in crucial matches!

Regardless of whoever was in the starting line up today (but particularly those players like Kief and Burey who have been in and out of the team recently), the entire 11 should have stepped onto that pitch with the determination that nothing else but a win would do, especially if the players truly wanted a shot at the play offs!

Games like today (and the last two games to come), don’t get any bigger, especially when there is £140M riding on getting to the play offs and winning it! Not to mention renewed contracts for many of the players, as well as the financial rewards that come from getting those contracts!

There are a few players in our squad who are, or nearing their late 20s/early 30s: Bart, Murray Wallace, Hutch, Molly, Jed, Leonard, Kief, Sav, Bradshaw and Afobe. Getting to the Prem, even for just one season, would be very lucrative for all of them. Even if we got relegated the following season, the parachute payments would still be paying these players inflated saleries for a couple more seasons!

So why is it, that with all these riches potentially on the horizon, our manager and players aren’t moving Heaven and Earth to get to it?

I seriously wonder if Rowett and the team that played today, actually really want to get promoted?

I say this because when push comes to shove, certain players we rely on, seem to go missing at crucial times in crucial matches!

Regardless of whoever was in the starting line up today (but particularly those players like Kief and Burey who have been in and out of the team recently), the entire 11 should have stepped onto that pitch with the determination that nothing else but a win would do, especially if the players truly wanted a shot at the play offs!

Games like today (and the last two games to come), don’t get any bigger, especially when there is £140M riding on getting to the play offs and winning it! Not to mention renewed contracts for many of the players, as well as the financial rewards that come from getting those contracts!

There are a few players in our squad who are, or nearing their late 20s/early 30s: Bart, Murray Wallace, Hutch, Molly, Jed, Leonard, Kief, Sav, Bradshaw and Afobe. Getting to the Prem, even for just one season, would be very lucrative for all of them. Even if we got relegated the following season, the parachute payments would still be paying these players inflated saleries for a couple more seasons!

So why is it, that with all these riches potentially on the horizon, our manager and players aren’t moving Heaven and Earth to get to it?
i think they are. it's not through want of effort. its through lack of creativity. we are still a very basic team, skill wise.

Reality is, if we ever went up most of those would be nowhere near the Prem...

Just come back from Corfu fof a week break..weather very average and mobile coverage bad.
Just catching up on NSBanter..
Drawett played 8 defenders!!!!!!!!!?
Jeeeeeez
Never going to change..not now...sigh.

I thought this game was going to be shit on quality and a tough nut to crack. They've been on a terrible run, the gobby one's life's obsession is to beat 'Wall at all costs and he made changes after their 6-1 smashing up at Blackpool.

Because of this, GR had his more cautious than normal coat on. But, I don't think even he could factor in some very poor performances.

i think they are. it's not through want of effort. its through lack of creativity. we are still a very basic team, skill wise.
We are not good enough, but what we lack in technical ability and quality we make up for in pride, passion , heart, desire, aggression and togetherness. Unfortunately it will usually make you fall short. Whatever happens it’s been a great season considering how much money we can throw around.parachute payments should be stopped immediately to level the playing field.

We are not good enough, but what we lack in technical ability and quality we make up for in pride, passion , heart, desire, aggression and togetherness. Unfortunately it will usually make you fall short. Whatever happens it’s been a great season considering how much money we can throw around.parachute payments should be stopped immediately to level the playing field.
To really level the playing field, parachute payments should be paid to all EFL clubs. Maybe two thirds to the championship, the rest split between leagues 1 and 2. Or 50% and 25/25.

Have posted before. Millwalls stated objective is to become an. 'Established Championship Club'. Premiership is not for the faint hearted who run our Club. They would all be out of their collective financial comfort zones. A near miss keeps everybody (a bit) happy. Having said all that it takes some neck to play 8 defensive players against a team at probably their weakest point of the season.