Man U v West Ham

On the way to Blackpool we stopped at the services near the M6 tools and were treated by 3 coach loads of Wet Spam going to manure utd....sort of started the shit day we had yesterday

What was the VAR doing for the goal? To me, that looked very dodgy.
It was very, very close, but since when have they been favouring the attacker this season when it's a hairline decision?
:ROFLMAO:

I must say, there's been some strange VAR calls this season. Doesn't that defeat the whole idea?
:grinning:

What was the VAR doing for the goal? To me, that looked very dodgy.
It was very, very close, but since when have they been favouring the attacker this season when it's a hairline decision?
:ROFLMAO:

I must say, there's been some strange VAR calls this season. Doesn't that defeat the whole idea?
:grinning:
I didn’t watch it and wasn’t really interested. Just happened to see the line ups and was intrigued by his name!

The problem Is the angle of the camera Is behind the two players so you are not getting an exact line (hence one of the reasons why VAR Is a fallacy).

Both Cavani's feet are behind the last defender and at worst (from the footage available), It's his hand, possibly shoulder, that Is offside. When you see the bigger picture, you can see the line between the different shades of grass and there Is more dark green before Cavani then there Is between the spanner.

My first thought when I see It yesterday was that he was well off. When I saw the replay I thought that he was onside.

VAR Is still a cunt though made worse by the referees who were shit In the first place and who are showing up how shit currput they actually are.

Last edited:
The problem Is the angle of the camera Is behind the two players so you are not getting an exact line (hence one of the reasons why VAR Is a fallacy).

Both Cavani's feet are behind the last defender and at worst (from the footage available), It's his hand, possibly shoulder, that Is offside. When you see the bigger picture, you can see the line between the different shades of grass and there Is more dark green before Cavani then there Is between the spanner.

My first thought when I see It yesterday was that he was well off. When I saw the replay I thought that he was onside.

VAR Is still a cunt though made worse by the referees who were shit In the first place and who are showing up how shit currput they actually are.

There was another one today in the Ultra's game with the penalty.
The ref made a good call and the VAR assistant put pressure on him to have a look at the monitor (this was after a very long wait), so the VAR assistant wasn't really that sure. It wasn't a clear and obvious error. Once again, defeating the whole idea of VAR.

Proper nonsense all round.

EDIT: Just seen the proper VAR pictures/lines in the Utd game. Looks like he IS onside. Very close.

Last edited:

Perfectly put with the angle of the camera

That's the thing though, on the VAR picture that is floating around, there is nothing in it at all. All season that has been counting as offside and in favour of the defender. We now have inconstancy with VAR...it kind of defeats the object of it all.

There was another one today in the Ultra's game with the penalty.
The ref made a good call and the VAR assistant put pressure on him to have a look at the monitor (this was after a very long wait), so the VAR assistant wasn't really that sure. It wasn't a clear and obvious error. Once again, defeating the whole idea of VAR.

Proper nonsense all round.
It's a load of shit.

The same people who made the decisions before are making the decisions now. Technology Is irrelevant in that sense as It Is still allowing for the human Interpretation to dictate what happens.

All it has done Is highlight how bad and Inconsistant the officials are, as when It's presented to them on a screen, In different speeds and at different angles, they still get It wrong.

Even the decisions that are too me obvious, that clearly flout the rules, you are never sure what will happen. They seem to use It to either find a way or find a way not to give a goal depending on who Is playing.

I think It's corrupt as no one can be that bad at making decisions when the evidence Is In front of them.

.not just "Manures" and"Nigels" penalty goal but what about Kane's goal being disallowed? Look very little wrong to me.