Liverpool vs Millwall (1989) then Nostalgia

I wasn’t allowed to go Cardiff away start of the 99 season and as a 11 year old Bristol away 2001on a Friday night , Millwall came down in force and I know a lot of CSF living in a Bristol now and a main face of the Bristol City lot goes to Belfast and knows DS and TP good lad and the story from them on that Friday night , 20 off Bristol lads were banned so were up the road in a pub “The Robins” and didn’t think nothing but Millwall being Millwall going on a suicide mission about 10 Millwall knocked on the window and said “ Millwall are here “ and in his words Millwall were so game and most normal lads would be on their toes but against the numbers didn’t move an inch. He talks a lot about the ‘85 Blackhorse in Bedminster and then early 90s at the Hen and Chicken. Millwall always go and they do, when Bristol got on the mini buses and go wrapped up in Bermondsey their other lot at The Gregorian who came opposed either got ironed out or ran but same with our younger lot who went to the their main pub on that Friday night with the Dutch lot but they picked the wrong night as the old CSF lot and their Dutch lot was having their flag night and our younger lot knocked on their boozer and said we are here but didn’t realise and got ran into a pub and locker themselves in but like they said who is mad enough to come down and do that , respect goes from both sides a lot of our lot know their main lot SW , RH , SG who knows ours and very friendly

Last edited:
Loved a bright shirt did Win. Sadly he's health hasn't been great for a while now.

I have to remind my eldest of that when he moans about us, it's been a whizz compared to my early years following us.

very lucky but still haunted from the Jimmy Nicholl days and Spackman and Donachie so we have had our fair share of shit

This is like the year that killed Millwall as we were but this also was the main lot from the 70s 80s and the younger lot having the last hoorah (other then Hungary) I think that this year was better than anything that happened for a long time , Look at us at home now the nearest boozer is down the blue sums it up

How many were there at the Liverpool game? It looked well over 10k or at least sounded like it. 👍

Don’t think it was that many, maybe 7,000.
It was all ticket, snides floating about was offered one on the train. Felt there was more in that end than should of been. Not sure if the gates were done.

Don’t think it was that many, maybe 7,000.
It was all ticket, snides floating about was offered one on the train. Felt there was more in that end than should of been. Not sure if the gates were done.
Cheers mate👍

Liverpool was a great day out, but having see the team sheets forgot there was only 2 subs then. Fuck me how would teams manage with that nowadays😂

our younger lot who went to the their main pub on that Friday night with the Dutch lot but they picked the wrong night as the old CSF lot and their Dutch lot was having their flag night
The Dutch lot with city were tooled up the cunts.