Lewis Ferguson

We are having a very consistent spell, but I don't think failure to invest or to bring through youth is viable long term
We are doing very well because JB puts in 8-10m a season, without it we would drop a division so in that respect he is investing.
Bringing youths through has changed completely from 20 years ago, money talks and we can't possibly compete with London Premiership clubs at all age levels.
Money has ruined football in many ways and there is no sign of it changing, we could be allowed to spend 100m this summer and we would probably still be in the Championship next season.
I think we need to remember that Derby heavily invested and had youth players coming through and it didn't serve them well.

We are doing very well because JB puts in 8-10m a season, without it we would drop a division so in that respect he is investing.
Bringing youths through has changed completely from 20 years ago, money talks and we can't possibly compete with London Premiership clubs at all age levels.
Money has ruined football in many ways and there is no sign of it changing, we could be allowed to spend 100m this summer and we would probably still be in the Championship next season.
I think we need to remember that Derby heavily invested and had youth players coming through and it didn't serve them well.
You speak a lot of sense there and can't argue with any of it to be fair.

Money has killed the game and if there is a Derby, Reading etc a season maybe being a bit tight and running a steady ship will be enough to keep us where we are, but at some point we will need to either improve our scouting set up to get in lower league or non league players or spend upwards of £2m on the likes of Ferguson.

It'd also help if we managed to actually sell someone for decent dough one day

You speak a lot of sense there and can't argue with any of it to be fair.

Money has killed the game and if there is a Derby, Reading etc a season maybe being a bit tight and running a steady ship will be enough to keep us where we are, but at some point we will need to either improve our scouting set up to get in lower league or non league players or spend upwards of £2m on the likes of Ferguson.

It'd also help if we managed to actually sell someone for decent dough one day
There have been quite a few comments about our scouting but I feel that falls into the same category of too much money in the game, every club is spending more on scouting which means no player goes unseen, there aren't any hidden gems.
We have got out of the mentality of buying old players on their way down and we aren't doing bad on improving players that we get in, the fact that we havn't sold anyone for good money can be seen as another positive because if we had wanted to cash in on Wallace, Cooper and McNamara we could have easily done so but have chosen to invest in their big contracts.
Twine seems to be the top player of div 1 and Hull have supposed to have made a 3m bid, if that is true then a marker for the summer has been set and given the poor quality of Scottish football Ferguson could be a gamble at 1.5m.

I’m sorry, but the number of Scottish players heading to the higher English leagues and doing well is few to fck all. That doesn’t include our fck ups like Stevie Crawford and co, although John Mcglashen (RIP) was lighting quick before he got injured.

£3m?

more like £30k.

Steer clear.